Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always liked and used Apex for my triggers. I've read that the Apex sold for the PPQ will direct fit the PDP as well and, in fact, I saw in an ad that it is used for any of the PPQ models AND the PDP. Has anyone tried it yet?

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
I use Apex on a lot of guns, but the PDP trigger is so good, I would never consider it. JMHO

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
When I had my Sig P320, I was NOT a fan of the factory trip stick. Felt like a recently used dish sponge. Almost Glock-ish. 🤮

Found an Apex model for that pistol, swapped it so fast the packaging didn’t even touch the work bench after ripping it open.

Huge improvement over the Sig factory “thing”…. Now…. As to Walther’s triggers. Unless it’s just a factory runt that snuck past QC, I doubt it’s nothing short of just fantastic. I’ve shot pistols with those newest gen triggers from them. Unbelievable how nice they are.

That said, personal preference and choice dictate what you do. Carefully mind all the springs and pins. Those action assemblies sure are something.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I watched to install videos a dozen times and will watch them again as I go through the steps which is what I did when installing the Victory trigger and gearbox on my Buck Mark.

I ordered the Apex trigger for the PDP and it should be here by Saturday. I'll let you know how it works right after the install - one of the advantages of setting up a 100 yard range on my farm.

·
Super Moderator
14,419 Posts
I watched to install videos a dozen times and will watch them again as I go through the steps which is what I did when installing the Victory trigger and gearbox on my Buck Mark.

I ordered the Apex trigger for the PDP and it should be here by Saturday. I'll let you know how it works right after the install - one of the advantages of setting up a 100 yard range on my farm.
Apex was the originator....they did it first. I've got an Apex and it is nice. It'll work in the PDP just as it does in the PPQ. If you're going to be using this pistol for long range bullseye shooting, you might also consider installing the TSK Competition Trigger Spring Kit offered by Sprinco.

87888Walther PPQ "TSK Competition Trigger Spring Kit" Designed with Daniel Thompson of Team Walther, installation of the 2 springs renders a 3.5# Competition ONLY trigger pull. Includes replacement trigger return spring and firing pin safety spring. Moly Plated and Cryogenic Processed for long service life. Works with factory and aftermarket triggers.$17.95

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That was mentioned on another thread. I do some bullseye but only out to 15 yards. I shoot bowning pins with the PDP and "pin heads" with my Buck Mark. I used to shoot IDPA but due to medical reasons, I can't shoot that anymore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts