Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed an Apex trigger in my PPQ last week. Went to the range and was very pleased with trigger. It eliminated the nasty take-up that I bitched about since day one. I liked the factory pull weight and this was not changed. I was a little concerned about unintentional double taps but with the pull weight unchanged everything was cool. I got the trigger from Opticplanet, I only mention this due to the fact that there is a wide range of prices out there. I saw prices from about $80 to $150. Shop around.

·
Registered
978 Posts
What is the trigger pull now? If it's too heavy, a simple spring change can drop it to 3.5lbs.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is the trigger pull now? If it's too heavy, a simple spring change can drop it to 3.5lbs.
I don't know the pull weight, it's factory set. I'm pleased with the current weight and wouldn't want it any lighter. Thanks for the reply.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
>It eliminated the nasty take-up that I bitched about since day one<<
This is what the Apex trigger is all about vs. pull weight. I installed the Apex flat faced trigger assembly and it made a world of difference.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I put an APEX on my SIG P320, and loved it!! Took it off for the factory recall, and they put a smaller trigger on it to reduce mass... immediately put the APEX back on as I liked it better. Still would if I kept the pistol.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
>Still would if I kept the pistol<<
I too had a P320 that I'd installed an Apex trigger on, but even with that, I couldn't hit diddly with it. So, out it went and in came the PPQ, P99, and PPS! Now these (especially the PPQ 5") do the trick for me. And of course, I've installed the Apex setup on the PPQ. :)

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I too had a P320 that I'd installed an Apex trigger on, but even with that, I couldn't hit diddly with it. So, out it went and in came the PPQ, P99, and PPS! Now these (especially the PPQ 5") do the trick for me. And of course, I've installed the Apex setup on the PPQ. :)
My father was looking at an M5. That trigger was bangin’!!! Pure Walther lines too. Was a dream held in hand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts