Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long lineage of HK's
m8x2, m13, 45cx2, all the experts, 357c, 9fx2

I purchased the mil p99 due to superior trigger reset, low bore axis, and slim design.

I have read all the posts thus far, ecspecially the ones pertaining to lube, +p, +p+, locking blocks, etc.

Recommended spring change intervals, (how often, oem or Wolff) reliable 16 round mags(from Germany, oem, or out sourced), and durability of stock slide finish (should I refinish, etc). I am not an armchair commando or mall ninja. I do break firearms with alarming regularity. I run a range in Ohio. I shoot every day (sometimes 5 rounds, sometimes 500)

Any insight or help would be appreciated. I realize I am a FNG here but I am member #20 at HK Pro, and have been postig there since Tom wore diapers!

Thanks yall.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Gato,

Welcome to the world of P99's. I've had as many as 7 at one time, but have traded them for other Walther's.

Currently the 9mm that I have has ran about 5000 rounds with out a hicup. I have a .40 that ran 7000 rounds and had the slide lock spring break on me. But that was easy to change out and they sent me a newer designed spring.

I still haven't changed the recoil spring on any of my P99's. I probably should, but none of them look bad at all.

The 16 round mags are going to cost a lot. $75 min. And there are no out sourced that I know of. The P99 is in a sticky place, because it came out at almost the same time that the '94 ban went into effect.

The finish on the slide is the exact same as the Glock and will last a long time. My oldest P99 still has at least 90% finish. And this is the one I have used the most in IDPA and general shooting.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
411 Posts
P99 9mm with 15k+ rounds.
Slide stop spring crapped at 10k.
On my 3rd recoil spring.
Very pleased with it so far.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Holy crap. You guys shoot a lot.

At the rate I'm going, I'll need new springs around the turn of the century!

Anybody have problems with the poly guide rod dying?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts