Walther Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretend for a moment that your P22 was what you relied upon for personal defense: Is there anything out there with more "stopping power" than the venerable Stinger? No lectures, please, about the obvious; I'd just like to know if there's anything out there that I haven't seen.
Thanks for your time, Sparks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Pretend for a moment that your P22 was what you relied upon for personal defense: Is there anything out there with more "stopping power" than the venerable Stinger? No lectures, please, about the obvious; I'd just like to know if there's anything out there that I haven't seen.
Thanks for your time, Sparks
Remington Viper (truncated cone bullet) or Yellowjackets (truncated cone hollowpoint) pack a relatively bunch of punch for a .22. I was quite impressed by the expansion of the Viper bullet when target is stuck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Remington Viper (truncated cone bullet) or Yellowjackets (truncated cone hollowpoint) pack a relatively bunch of punch for a .22. I was quite impressed by the expansion of the Viper bullet when target is stuck.
Funny you should mention the Yellowjackets. I recently read about them (and found the picture & design intriguing), so will be trying them out this weekend.
Thanks for your response, Sparks

·
Registered
4 Posts
sweet. its always nice to learn about different ammo options. but wally world carries stingers and mini mags, thats mighty convenient.

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wouldn't worry about the stinger expanding... check the barrel length on the firearms tactical tests.

http://www.goldenloki.com/ammo/gel/22lr/gel22lr.htm
Wow, what a great link! Are you the "Golden Loki", or did you just happen across the site? I know that the gelatin "controversy" rages, but as the text there states, it provides more information, and with pictures, no less.
Thanks again, Sparks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow, what a great link! Are you the "Golden Loki", or did you just happen across the site? I know that the gelatin "controversy" rages, but as the text there states, it provides more information, and with pictures, no less.
Thanks again, Sparks
Nope, not me... just tons of info on that site. I got the link on the Keltec owner's group.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Personally I would take either the;
CCI Velociter or Super Max from Aguila
Then ... Use the "NASTINOSE" tool from the site below

http://www.leverguns.com/store/acurizer.htm

My initial Cavity Results in Clay were unbelievable.
The damage from these modified rounds is truly shocking!
Turns the 22lr. into a viable defensive alternative.
IMHO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts