Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if you have one, how are you liking it. Any issues with it? Any regrets buying it? Been looking into them quite a bit lately and as long as it feels right to me, I think I'm going to try and find one (last 3 dealers I called didn't have any in stock in the. 40 cal).

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have more than one (in 9mm and .45). They have all been 100% rock solid. If you get one, you will probably end up needing more.

If you are set on .40, you still have to decide if you want 4" or 5" and M1 (paddle) or M2 (button). Not sure if you can still find the .40 in the M1 version.

A quick search for a 4" M2 shows many places in stock:
https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/ppq 2796074

Jump on in....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Have had a .40 M1 since they first came out. Love it so much I chased down a 9mm P99c. Paddle mag release is the way to go, especially if you and your lover have ambidextrous needs. My .40 experienced some failure to go into battery, Walther replaced some springs, I did some weight lifting, now it's back to freakishly accurate and no problems. Really kicking myself for not jumping on the 9mm M1 PPQ Gunbuyer customs when they were $499

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
I have a number of PPQs in different configurations. My experience with the gun has been very positive. In short, I love the dang things.

I've found them to be very reliable, durable and of course shootable.

I know Glocks are good guns but after extensively shooting PPQs, the Glocks feel unrefined and blocky as heck.

At this point, I'm doing most of my semiauto shooting with PPQs of some variation or another.

If you choose to purchase one, odds are high you will enjoy the experience.

Regards

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was in the market for my first gun, and wanted a striker-fired polymer because of ease of use. After some research, consultation, and range time with a number of guns, I settled on the PPQ Q4 Tac (9mm). I got the Tac version because I want a suppressor (discos gave me tinnitus + hypersensitivity in left ear), and I want to do long-distance shooting for fun (red dot). At the end it was a choice between the PPQ, H&K VP9 and CZ P-10 C. The PPQ won vs. the VP9 because of trigger, price, sup & optics support, and vs. the P-10 C because of ergo (for me), platform maturity, and sup & optics support. I also liked the Beretta APX, but the trigger was a bit heavy.

It's like bakery bread, a glass of cold water, a soft, warm bed, or the neighbor's daughter. It's wonderful is what I'm saying. :D

A few minor issues I've had (very minor):

Gritty trigger uptake -> On mine, if I pull the trigger barely enough to get it to travel, I feel some grittiness. If I apply ~3.5-4 lbs, it travels without grittiness, smoothly to the wall. I'd have to be having a really bad day to complain about the trigger in any way.

Squeaky trigger -> Unrelated to the grittiness. You don't hear it at the range. I think of it as Jennie's voice. Did I mention I liked my PPQ enough to give it a name?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just curious if you have one, how are you liking it. Any issues with it? Any regrets buying it? Been looking into them quite a bit lately and as long as it feels right to me, I think I'm going to try and find one (last 3 dealers I called didn't have any in stock in the. 40 cal).
I have the 45 m2 the 40 m1 a couple of m2 9mm looking to grab a few more. You will love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I liked the neighbors PPQ45 so much, it became the ONLY poly/striker in my collection.

Carried a Sig P227 (45acp) for years, the Q45 was so good, not only did I stop carrying the Sig, I SOLD it!

Liked the Walther SO much, I bought 6 P5s in 3 months (2Var4s, 1Var6s, 3Var8s), currently negotiating #7 (another Var8).

Reactions: Doogie85

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I have thousands of rounds through mine. No issues.

I would only hope to sway you from the .40. Dumb caliber.

My lical dealer won’t even take in .40s on trade anymore. No one wants them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a M1 in 40 and love it. It was my duty weapon I was carrying when I retired. This is the best out of the box that I have ever had. I have had alot of different handguns and still do, but my Walther will remain the top one in my collection

·
Registered
20 Posts
PPQ

I have more than one (in 9mm and .45). They have all been 100% rock solid. If you get one, you will probably end up needing more.

If you are set on .40, you still have to decide if you want 4" or 5" and M1 (paddle) or M2 (button). Not sure if you can still find the .40 in the M1 version.

A quick search for a 4" M2 shows many places in stock:
https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/ppq 2796074

Jump on in....

I have a P99 in 40, paddle release on the trigger guard and it works flawlessly with any ammo. I have three P-22's I think they are called.. trigger guard release, two standards and one target extended barrel version and they always work with clean chambers.
I have a PPQ M2 45 that is my carry gun. Absolutely love it, best trigger on any .45 striker fired, rivals a 1911 trigger in crispness and has a fantastic reset. It's kind of addictive and I've never been a big 9mm fan but I shot both the regular and the target PPQ M2 in 9 and I may have to get me one of those... or both... I wan't too much stuff. Instead of a show on TV called hoarders they should have one with gun people that have OCD collecting issues...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I liked the neighbors PPQ45 so much, it became the ONLY poly/striker in my collection.

Carried a Sig P227 (45acp) for years, the Q45 was so good, not only did I stop carrying the Sig, I SOLD it!

Liked the Walther SO much, I bought 6 P5s in 3 months (2Var4s, 1Var6s, 3Var8s), currently negotiating #7 (another Var8).

That's funny... my Sig P227 is also up for sale. I love Sigs but the PPQ M2 in 45 just has it beat. Better trigger from the factory without paying for the Sig SRT and the 13+1 capacity of the Walther gives you more rounds in a more ergonomic package. I know that the Walther is a 12 round mag but I have about eight mags that I constantly rotate and have been squeezing in an extra round for about 2 years now and have never had a failure to feed... ever.. I take that back. Even without over stuffing the magazine the Sig Elite expensive 230 ball gives me feeding problems in four different .45's... seems like not enough of a taper crimp on the case I bought because its always getting hung up on the case.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I own two of them, the 4 inch PPQ M2 and the 5 inch PPQ Q5. I love them both. The PPQ is the most ergonomically shaped and designed gun I have ever used. Best trigger on a production duty pistol I have ever experienced. Even the removal of the firing pin and extractor is the easiest I have ever seen requiring no tools. They have the original Luger chamber design which yields higher velocity than other same length barrels because of the tight seal. And it contains the blowback gases so the whole inside of the action stays cleaner. The gun field strips in an instant. The ambi slide locks are long, right where you want them to flick with your thumb, but never get in the way for inadvertent slide lock. Where you want it when you want it.

Over 20,000 rounds out of the 4 inch and it NEVER misses a beat or fails to feed, fire, or eject. It is relentlessly reliable with high or even low powered ammo. I haven't done anything to it other than cleaning. No spring replacement, new trigger, or any of that wasted maintenance and tweaking people do with other pistols. Flawless out of the box.

The 5 inch runs the same, just easier to be more accurate. Both guns are just plain fun to shoot. In fact I was shooting the 4 inch today and every time I do I think how amazing the gun is, especially for a lightweight polymer frame pistol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have .45 and a long slide .40, both M2. They are both great guns. I did have to replace the .40 magazine ejector spring with a stronger one. I found I was having the mag drop un-intentionally. doesn't happen on the .45.
I am still looking for a good inside the waste band holster for the .45

·
Registered
2 Posts
My first post, but wanted to provide my feedback regarding the PPQ:
I researched and tested many polymer based firearms when deciding which one to choose for my first purchase. IMHO, for me; the PPQ was the most ergonomic (though the HK VP9 was very similar); and was a natural shooter. The trigger was amazing and the groupings were better than any other firearm I tested - and these were with range rentals.

I purchased the PPQ M2 (decided to keep the magazine release consistent with future firearms instead of going with the paddle release) and I haven't had a single issue with it. It's shot every type of ammo without a single issue or hiccup. Accuracy and reliability have been top notch.

I have since purchased the Sig P320 (RMR) for the modularity and optic. I also purchased the Sig P938 single stack carry. I like the Walther so much, however, that I purchased the Walther P99c AS for double-stack carry. It's amazing and shoots as well as the PPQ.

I have tested Sigs, Springfields, HK, Glock, Beretta, Tauras, and Ruger; by far, Walther is the best brand for me! Well, the PPQ and P99; I'm not crazy about the earlier CCP and PPS versions, although I hear that the newer ones have been improved.

The Walther PPQisn't the cheapest gun, but its well made and reliable with an awesome trigger - for me, it's my favorite!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts