Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use AO 24/7 Express sights on their P99?
I have them on my Kahr Mk9, and they are perfect for a sub-compact pistol.
Anyone use them on a full sized pistol?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I know a number of people who use them on Glock 19's and if I can get my SW99 sorted out I will probably put them on that pistol. I also would be curious as to people's experience.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Farranger,
Hope your getting that NJSP SW99 reject sorted out.
Even better, pawn that POS off on somebody else and get a P99.

I have shot Yeagers G19 with AO's, and my Kahr has AO's, but i'm not quite sure I want to spend $100+ on experimental sights for my P99 yet, i'd really like to try someone elses out for more than 2 or 3 shots, and at longer ranges.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've got 'em on a Sig 245... the compact .45 auto

They are very fast for sight acquisition, but not near as bright at night as the Meprolights....
Chris~

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 24/7's work great on the sub-compacts like my Kahr Mk9, at ranges out to 10 yards or so, but i'm not sure how they'd work at 25 yards.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Like NM_P-99 said, ok for subcompacts but really stink for any accuracy that the P-99 is capable of. I put the Walther marketed Hi-Viz on my 9mm and the POI dropped 4". They should have tried it before selling it on the web site.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Roygun, that's funny,sort of, because I put hi viz on my glock 19 and the poi went up 7 inches. I like the hi viz sights though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I like the Hi-Viz idea......in the gun games I play getting on that front site is a big deal. But I find I have to "bury" the front almost to the bottom of the rear to get a down 0 hit. The stock sights were dead on. I do a lot of low light/no light training and the Hi-Viz just turns into a black circle. I will try it on my Glock & see what happens; the AO's were a dissapointment for anything past 10yds. They are fast but poor in precision work. I'll see what happens with the Viz & Mr. Glock.........regards

1 - 8 of 8 Posts