Walther Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was walking thru the local gun show when I cam across this guy that was selling the old Black Talons in 380. Seeing how much they expanded (he had some dug out bullets) - I figured I would pick up a box.

Not cheap, at $25 for 20 rounds.

I hate impulse buying - usually end up wasting my money.

Anyway, I did not want to waste a lot of them trying them out - but I don't want to load them up and depend on them either without testing them.

Figured I would ask what people's experiences with them in their PPK/S. Do they feed well? Or did I waste my $ with yet another impulse buy?

Figure I can always use it as the one in the pipe and use the my regular HP rounds in the rest of the mag.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've never fired one through my PPK/S, but I shot a mag of them from a Bersa. It's like any other HP in a small .380 frame- big recoil, modest accuracy even for the best of shooters. There are better, cheaper self-defense rounds out there.

The Black Talon name continues to impress, based largely on its "cop-killer" reputation, though I'd guess it really hasn't killed too many cops. I'd recommend against it for self-defense, for these days, if you live outside of Beirut, I'm sure even a good shooting protecting your baby girl would get you prosecuted somehow...

·
Registered
109 Posts
I shot 40 rounds of the Winchester SXT yesterday, (which is the new brand name of the Black Talons). I had no problems. I plan on shooting another couple of hundred rounds in the next few weeks to be sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts