Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading threads on +P ammo and nato 9mm etc... Most people say +P is fine only in moderation.

I just have one question.

Has anyone out there shot Winchester 124 nato (or another +P) exclusively in their PPQ and run, let's say, over 6,000 or 8,000 rounds of this through the pistol?

If so, what consequences, if any.

If no one answers I will know that no one tried this exclusive diet. :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
When I find Q4318 at a good price I buy a couple cases. I don't shoot my PPQ too often, but it hasn't had any problems. My HKs have consumed literally thousands of rounds of this and other +P without any issues. I like to shoot 'hotter' loads as closer to SD ammo in feel and recoil.

YMMV.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
I've been reading threads on +P ammo and nato 9mm etc... Most people say +P is fine only in moderation.
Why only in moderation?

I've spoken to armorers who have shot and handled 99-series pistols that have shot tens of thousands of defensive loads through them, in 9mm and .40S&W. They all had good things to say about the platform.

Shoot as much +P as you can, and when you start having issues, report back.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I only asked because I emailed Walther warranty and asked them and they said it was ok but then added the usual "it will accelerate wear" phrase and I just wondered how much wear and how fast.

If they mean the pistol will have serious issues at 20,000 instead of 25,000 then I am not worried.

If they mean the pistols will have issues at 10,000 rather than 20,000, then I would worry.

Sounds like it is no real worry.

Thanks, J

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
You might have to replace your RSA earlier than normal. I wouldn't consider that to be a dealbreaker though...FWIW, two of my guns have aftermarket RSA in them...one was replaced before I ever shot the gun, so... :p:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts