Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if a Trijicon SRO could get mounted on a Q5 Match (polymer Q5) directly to the slide instead of an a plate to get the SRO as low as possible on the slide?

I also have a PPQ M2 and would be willing to mill it if I could get the SRO window hugging the slide. Thanks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
ViP, never been one to rain on somebody's parade but, the milling isn't cheap and the mounting plates aren't that thick. What is it you hope to gain ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an SRO mounted on my Q5. I have been shooting IPSC Production for 4 years - 2 with a 5” M2 and 2 with a Shadow 2. This year I am competing in Production Optics with my Q5 and SRO.

I am dry firing/shooting at the range practicing the presentation. I suspect that my presentation would be easier / more natural if the optic was lower - say, co-witness height.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to go on a limb and say that the slide is not wide enough to accommodate the SRO or any RDS that has an RMR footprint.

·
Registered
30 Posts
There is some height and weight to be gained, the original walther steel plates are three times as thick and five times as heavy as they need to be - the shield plate proves this. A custom made plate in aluminum (or titanium) makes for a lighter slide than just milling the slide and can be made as low as you can go.

Since depth of milling can't be made any deeper than the firing pin channel there is no depth to gain compared to an optimally constructed plate. But like I said, the original steel plates are far from optimal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts