Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I know that there are a few manuf out there that make these for Glocks, M&P and others, but like every other aftermarket product out there, there doesn't seem to be a lot of options or information regarding the P99. I have a Gen 1 P99 AS, as I understand it, the mags and mag parts for the PPQ M1 work with this as well?

Anyone know of extensions for the p99?

Premium Member
The P99/PPQ M1 have Walther branded magzines made by Mec-Gar in 15, 17, and 20 round capacity. The 15 and 17 use the same tube with the baseplate being different.

Registered
Ppq +2 extensions will work with p99 mags. I have also placed the grip fillers on +2 mags to work with a p99c. I believe the Mec-Gar +2 baseplate should fit.

Registered
Besides these factory options, there's also a variety of mag plates available from Taran Tactical.

Registered
You can also buy Canik 18 round magazines and cut a notch in the magazine tube to engage the release. They work flawlessly in my experience. Oldfart developed them first as far as I know. I carry one as my backup mag for my EDC rig. So, I have 35 rounds of 9 when I'm out and about between my two magazines +1.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Wow. Thanks for all of the replies. I should have been more specific. I have a .40 cal, so obviously that brings down the round count with any factory or aftermarket options.

I got some taren tactical for my MP40 but I don鈥檛 see the p99 as an option? But there is one for the PPQ (doesn鈥檛 specify M1 or 2, so I鈥檇 assume that to mean that the baseplate on both is the same?)

Any place I can find more details on the Canik mod (I do a lot of mechanical stuff on my own, so that might be a viable option). I think I have 6 mags and they are all either 10 or 12.

Thx!

Registered
Shouldn't change fit but the increase in rounds may be less. I'm pretty sure p99 and ppq mag baseplates and accessories are interchangeable across calibers. It's the mag feed lips that are different.

Registered
Shouldn't change fit but the increase in rounds may be less. I'm pretty sure p99 and ppq mag baseplates and accessories are interchangeable across calibers. It's the mag feed lips that are different.

Not exactly. The M1 versions of the PPQ are compatible with the P99 but as I recall the M2 button release versions are not.

Registered

Not exactly. The M1 versions of the PPQ are compatible with the P99 but as I recall the M2 button release versions are not.
Changes nothing about the base plate.

Registered
I use a Taran Tactical extension for a 9mm P99AS. I have a variety of factory mags, and it fits many of my mags, but one of the mags the baseplate didn't grip the metal lips on the mag well enough and it will 'remove' it self from that mag if you wiggle it wrong, dumping the contents of the mag with gusto.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
I use a Taran Tactical extension for a 9mm P99AS. I have a variety of factory mags, and it fits many of my mags, but one of the mags the baseplate didn't grip the metal lips on the mag well enough and it will 'remove' it self from that mag if you wiggle it wrong, dumping the contents of the mag with gusto.
not seeing anything for the p99 on the website, I do see one for a PPQ, I imagine that is the version you used?

Registered
not seeing anything for the p99 on the website, I do see one for a PPQ, I imagine that is the version you used?

Fairly certain the body of the magazine is the same, and the only difference is the location of the release latch hole.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts