Still not worth it...:)

Reactions: Jimbo80

·
Registered
1,147 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
I still own a black one and a S&W .380 PPK and there is no comparison in the two in regards to quality. However the .22 is extremely fun to shoot and if this one ever wears out I’ll get another. It is NOT a collectible, it IS something to have fun at the range while going through a bunch of .22’s with my 40 yo son.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I still own a black one and a S&W .380 PPK and there is no comparison in the two in regards to quality. However the .22 is extremely fun to shoot and if this one ever wears out I’ll get another. It is NOT a collectible, it IS something to have fun at the range while going through a bunch of .22’s with my 40 yo son.
True, but the Walther PPK/S .22 is significantly cheaper in cost than the S&W PPK/S .380, so you really can't expect equal quality.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I Bought one for my 10 year old as her first semi-auto for her handgun lessons. After 10-12 mags (which had LOTS of ftf’s) it has shot flawlessly. We have been using Golden Sabre high velocity ammo.

This gun is so MUCH more accurate from 4 meters than her Ruger Wrangler SA revolver.

She absolutely loves the little PPK/s 22

·
Registered
187 Posts
I had mu Umarex/Walther PPK/S .22 out at the range a couple of weeks ago. Another family was also there. The dad was teaching his 14 year old daughter to shoot with a Glock 9mm and the kid was having trouble picking up on it. I offered my PPK/S and five mags (Remington Golden Bullets) and the kid started to catch on and began to shoot remarkably well from 7 yards and then 10 yards. When she went back to dad's Glock....after a bit of adjustment to the heavier caliber pistol, both her marksmanship, confidence and enjoyment had improved dramatically.

Dad was thinking of buying her a .22 semi-auto pistol for Christmas. Whether it turns out to be a PPK/S...or some other .22 semi-auto...dad figures he'll have a new '..range buddy..' in the New Year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts