Walther Forums banner

Anyone know a source for P99 DAO (current version)

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  uncut 
#1 ·
Looking for one of these....anyone know a source, or will I just need to wait until all the law enforcement orders are filled? CDNN does NOT have them.

Thank you

#2 ·
RSR group (one of the biggest distributors in the US) does not show any P99 DAO

Earl's is the only source you might try for the P99 DAO 2nd generation, but they come with a good pricetag
I don't blame you for wanting one,,,
You should have been looking a few months earlier, Earl had a special on the DAO P99 2nd generation with nightsights for $450

Unless CDNN gets another LEO batch we are out of luck for the DAO

#3 ·
I heard that about the $450.00 deal from Earl, after the fact, and when I did I fell out of my chair, as I have never seen him offer a P99 for less than around $700.00 (Or any gun for less than a couple hunderd more than it costs anywhere else, for that matter). I haven't done business with him for about three years and don't expect that to change.

Of course then I found out that CDNN was selling them around the same time for about $300.00 and it made more sense. Oh well, a day late and a dollar short, as they say. One will turn up, and I guess I am in no hurry. Still when the urges hits you.......

#4 ·
Well the CDNN ones where first generation P990 without nightsights for the $299
so I think has nothing to do with the cheap price Earl had... I talked to Earl and he said it was a LEO overstock from Germany which was the only reason he could sell them so cheap.......

#5 ·
Down the road after getting my daughter a G22 and myself a H&KP2000SK.... I might see if Earl can get me a P99cDAO for carry..... there is soemthing I like about the DAO

though I also have a Beretta Cx4Storm on my shopping list for the near future.....

#6 ·
I have 2 of the CDNN P990's DAO in 9mm. I got them as interim house guns (one for my wife and one for my office). Have about 800 rounds though one and 400 through the other (break in only).

I am not happy w/ the the trigger reset (does not reset until the second click) and I find I am short-stroking it when transferring over from my H&K.

I plan on buying a new AS when it comes out (hopefully sometime in April) and selling my P990. If funding is good, I may buy a QA for my wife and sell the other P990 during the April timeframe.

If I buy the new walthers in 40, I would be selling the 4 extra magazines w/ the guns.

I plan on putting them in the trading post when I will sell thm. So, if this is something you are interested in, let me know and I'll ping you when I put it in the trading post.

#7 ·
IMHO... I would stay away from the QA as devensive handgun due to the "no second strike" option without racking the slide.... stick with the AS

#8 ·
[b said:
Quote[/b] (uncut @ Mar. 12 2006,7:38)]IMHO... I would stay away from the QA as devensive handgun due to the "no second strike" option without racking the slide.... stick with the AS
You're right, I forgot about that.

I may just get a H&K P2000 LEM 40S&W for my wife (to match mine). It has the second strike capability.

Although, I will still get the AS Walther when it re-emerges. I just love the ergonomics and fit of the gun. I hope the AS compact comes in 40S&W

Regards

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.