Walther Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
yes, I have three of them. The Impuls IIA is a very high quality suppressor. The sound reduction level when fired dry is good. When fired wet, it is spooky quiet. The charge will last for one fifteen or sixteen round magazine. About 5cc's of water is sufficient.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got one from Earl's. I like the fact that it is the factory Walther suppressor.

Never used it, just have it as a collector item.

RickJZ can you explain how you wet the can. Do you just put water in the barrel from rear to front?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
no problem at all to charge the can. All you have to do is pour a cap full of water into the rear of the baffle stack; shake the can a little, allow for any excess water to drain, and then your all set to go. A little bit of water in the suppressor goes a long way, if you put to much, you will end up getting splattered by grease.

·
Registered
15 Posts
what kind of paperwork goes in to getting one of those?
Read this to make sure your state allows ownership.
http://www.advanced-armament.com/owners.asp

There is another thread do a search on silencer, it has 4 pages of info.

In order to get one you must purchase your suppressor from Earl for example.
You will have to fax him your driver's license and the Class III license from your state Class III dealer. You can find a list of dealers from gunbroker.com. Some dealers have Class III licenses but don't do dealer to dealer transfers ($75-$200).

Once Earl has the paperwork, he files it on his end (2 weeks).
Then he sends the suppressor to your dealer (2 days).
Your dealer will have you get the FBI fingerprinting cards and applicable state cards which you submit to your state police CLEO(Chief Law Enforcement Officer) for approval and signature (2-3 weeks).
You will receive the paperwork from CLEO signed off on the ATF forms.
Have your dealer submit all the forms to ATF with a $200 money order for the transfer stamp from ATF (4-6 weeks).
Goto your dealer to sign and pickup your can.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts