Walther Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to get a laser for my p99 once I feel I am proficient enough without it, but I am not sure how that big thing would look on my pistol. Does anyone have any pictures of thier p99 with the Walther laser on it?

Or maybe some suggestions (pictures included please) of another product you like better...

Thanks in advance,

jon

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, so I was at alocal gun shop today and they had the walther laser for the p22 in stock. I asked him to see it and it felt very cheap. It felt like a toy, which I didn't care for at all.

MY question is how does the p99 version of this same laser compare? Hopefully it'll be more sturdy, though I have a feeling its not.

Thanks,

jon

·
Registered
328 Posts
The P99 laser is made by Laser Devices.
web site

Extremely high quality mil spec stuff. Not the cheap Asian stuff your thinking it might be.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MAdecov - have you handled the laser for the p22?

curious how it is in comparison

i've checked that site, but they don't have the walther laser ... this is the one i am talking about (though this is on the p22)

·
Registered
189 Posts
"+1" on the Laser Devices Inc. "BA-6" for the P99. I must have a slightly older model as mine does NOT have a large quick release knob on the side as their website shows, but rather a large flat headed screw style. I also opted to do without the flashlight attachment on the laser. I'll post a pic when I get a chance.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks mambro - i appreciate it

·
Registered
328 Posts
I've not handled the P22 laser. I beleive it is Asian in origin.
The LDI stuff is very high quality

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[b said:
Quote[/b] (madecov @ Sep. 23 2005,23:00)]I've not handled the P22 laser. I beleive it is Asian in origin.
The LDI stuff is very high quality
I'm sure it is considering the price ... my question though was regarding the p99 laser made by walther ... is it asian as well? same quality as the p22 laser?

thanks,
-- jon

·
Registered
328 Posts
LDI makes the P99 laser and tac light.
Mine was ordered through a distributor (tac light) for the 03 model P99 I own. It came in with the proper mount and the mount has the Walther banner on it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Here's a shot of the LDI BA-6 on a .40 S&W P99...

If you would like to see other angles, etc. just let me know.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks mambro - that looks good

i appreciate it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts