Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried to search, but I am coming up with limited answers. So far, they only member that I have found that mentioned they had BIG DOT sights is Jake Starr.

I am wondering if anyone else has experience with them for the P99. I have seen and fired a Glock 23 with them, and I really liked the sights. Seems easy for me to get on target quick. I don't know if I would need the true Big Dots, as there are the regular dot sites available from XS as well. It seems like the the "Big" dots might have trouble if you put them on a gun for concealed carry with a leather holster where as the smaller sights would not.

I found the Big Dots available from Walther America ... Here for $126 but like I said, they only seem to carry the big dots.

XS does list the regular sights for the SW99/P99 24/7 Express sights for $120.

Model number SW-0009a-6 ... HERE

My real questions are, does anyone have these for the P99? Are they a straight forward install? Any problems/concerns? Modified Holster?

and the real question ... Is there anyplace to find these cheaper????

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I had them on a 1911 for a short period of time. I did not like them at all. They are good for quick shooting. But the design doesn't really lend themselves to making nice groups on paper.

On a 1911, which I got to shoot small groups with, they were horrible...

I prefer 3 dot sights, personally.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have XS big dot sights for my full size Walther P99. The front sight is only minutely taller than the factor sight (like 1 mm). It will fit easily in my Comp-tac holster.

·
Registered
162 Posts
:) I have the big dot on my P99c 9mm. It works just find. I like it better than the standard sights on my P99 40S&W. The fast eye pick-up is great.

As far a holster fit, the Big Dot goes into both leather (Kramer) & kydex (Comp-Tac, Blade-Tech, and Fist).

I see no difference punching paper, but the P99c is for EDC. The Big Dot is perfect for this application.:cool:

Common Sense...The Rarest Of All Senses

·
Registered
32 Posts
XS

I have the regular size XS sights. I like them. Put them on a S&W prior to the P99. Accurate enough for anything in pistol range. I think they are quicker too.

chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts