Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity to pick one up and am hoping someone that has some trigger time with one has some insight.

·
Super Moderator
7,303 Posts
Jimbo, I looked it up; holy catfish, Batman! A miniature 1911; I couldn't tell from the video; is it locked breech?
It sure looks kewl; keep us posted.
Moon

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what little I've gleaned so far, the .32 is blowback. There is also a .380 version that I believe is lock breach. I haven't really had the opportunity to inspect them in detail.

·
Super Moderator
7,303 Posts
If it's not for anything serious, is in good shape, and isn't expensive (?), what's not to like?
Yeah, I know, you can end up with a safe full of weird stuff with no particular purpose.
Moon

·
Super Moderator
7,303 Posts
So what happened?
Moon

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I've seen a lot of little Llama .32s and 380s, they're neat guns. Rock Island makes their Baby Rock which is similar and Metro Arms brought the Llama brand back not too long ago including a little mini .380.

My local smith once told me the trigger bars were a little weak, but that's about it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Llama mini

Good morning all,

I found one in a local pawn shop last year.
Previous owner had engraved his social number on the slide so the price was right. I took it home and sent the slide to Midwest gun works for a refinish and blue job it turned out very nice. The pistol was in pristine condition before the engraving now it looks new. This one is a mod. Xa made in 1952 which is the year I was born so I had to rescue it.
I have fired about 300 rounds thru it with no jams at all.
These are blow back only. Triple K has mags and they do work properly.
I guess I'm a sucker for worthless pistols that look neat but that's what collecting is all about.
Any way I hope everyone here has a very Merry Christmas and a safe 2019.

Netcats

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So what happened?Moon
I'm getting it but it's in pawn jail for another week or so. It's the Especial model made in 1953 which is my YOB. I grabbed this pic.

UPDATE: I picked up the Llama last night. It's a very cool little pistol and I'm happy I got it. Unfortunately neither of the mags appear to be original.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts