Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sort of interested in one. I've rented one and liked how it shot, but I'd like to hear some objective evaluations from someone who has more than a few rounds through one.

·
Registered
294 Posts
My son has a P320 9mm, and I've shot a few hundred rounds through it.

Not bad, but I decided I like the feel of a M&P45 2.0 better. The SIG trigger is better - but I like the overall feel of the M&P better.

He doesn't.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Currently (3/15/19), Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore is having a sale on some SIG models.

I've purchased numerous guns from them, and have been pleased with their prices and service.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsupers...1519-1&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=031519-1

I also like SIG's regular 230gr FMJ ammo for practice. Shoots clean and is reasonably priced. I carry Federal 230gr. HSTs, but they are a bit pricey to train with.

·
Super Moderator
7,359 Posts
Blitz', I snagged an M17 because a local shop had them at not too outrageous a price, and because it is the new service pistol...the latter reason especially.
I've shot it a fair amount with zero problems; it feels good in my hand, and I prefer the trigger to my much-respected Glocks. Internally, Sigs seem to have more old school gunmaking, again, as compared to a Glock.
Had a look at the Sportsman Superstore models, and don't understand the flat triggers; the curved one in the M17 suits me.
CDNN has had 17 round OEM mags for $33.95; always an issue for Sig, as their mags are pricey.
Moon

·
Registered
169 Posts
I suggest spending a few extra bucks and picking up the P320 X-Carry. Ergonomics are greatly improved over the standard P320 grip modules. I have them in 9mm & .357 Sig and they are my most natural pointing and accurate pistols

·
Super Moderator
7,359 Posts
Yeah, thot' I'd snag one and a half dozen mags while the getting was good. Redcat, I'm inclined to think the M18 is a better answer to the question, more Glock 19/Colt Commander sized.
Frankly, I'm surprised that the Gummint didn't adopt it as their maid-of-all-work.
Moon

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
My M17 proved to be an accurate gun. I was in need of a new .45 for bowling pin shoots so I had to let it go, but I'd have no reservations getting another one or perhaps an X-Five model 320.

·
Super Moderator
7,359 Posts
Between the two of us, AE, we have probably, at one time, owned 20% of the guns in the US. And more you than me! ;)
Moon

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, apparently the "getting is no longer good" on 320/M17 mags. Been searching all over the net, and they are either out of stock or priced like HK mags. At least it comes with two.

Oh, I could not pass on the price for one from G A G. M17 with a black slide/coyote tan frame (Lipsey's special) for $515 +$7.99 shipping
I'll post impressions when I get the thing.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A 365 is on my list. I just want to give it more time for beta testing.

·
Super Moderator
7,359 Posts
Blitz, just keep an eye open...you weren't after the 21-rounder? The ones I've scored have black baseplates; the FDE ones are thin on the ground.
I've simply taken the plunge on the P365, and liked it so much I got a spare. No signs of premature wear on either, and the one is north of 500 rounds.
My only reservation is with +p 124 Gold Dots, which have a really violent recoil; regular pressure stuff, including Snake Shot, runs just fine.
Moon

Reactions: BlitzPig

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have the 320 in 45 and it runs like a champ! The trigger is different from the Walther but is it a very good trigger... I have about a 1000 rounds through it and very reliable.
I will say, I love my PPQ 45 more by a mile! That shoots amazingly well, and makes me better!
I don’t shoot my p320 nearly as much and my PPQ’s in 9, and 45... they just trip my trigger

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just got an email from Sig. 2 free 21 round mags when you register your new purchase of a P320-M17 with proof of purchase...

Boy is my timing good.

:D

·
Super Moderator
7,359 Posts
Blitz', got on this evening to tell you about exactly the same thing. We'll see if they honor my older purchase. I wouldn't mind a couple big mags.
Moon

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hope they do sir.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
A 365 is on my list. I just want to give it more time for beta testing.
I'm with you 100% on this. I shot one the other day and loved it. It is a lot of gun in a really small package. I found it shootable too. Very compelling.

Trigger and sights are good. Recoil manageable. No weird bites or cuts produced under recoil as can happen with some small guns.

My only hesitancy are the reports of parts breakages with the gun. Seems like they are tapering off...but still....I'm inclined to let the design "cook" a little longer.

·
Super Moderator
7,359 Posts
Blitz', this morning's CDNN ad had 17 round M17 mags for $33.99, and P365 10 rounders for less than $30.
Moon

1 - 20 of 50 Posts