Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to contact them at 479-242-8500. I transfer to their Parts and Repairs department but then the line goes dead. In the prior 5 years or so I have contacted them a couple of times with issues on other pistols and never had a problem.

I need a mounting plate for my new PPQ Q5 for a Holosun micro red dot sight. Apparently Walther is the only source for that although the owner's manual indicates there are mountings plate included in the case. There are none in mine, but I suspected they stopped including plates a while ago from reading on this forum.

Any ideas? Today I also completed their customer service request form, but in the past I always had better luck over the phone. They were easy to contact by phone and responsive to my needs.

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.......................

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I did a quick search and it seems like there is a universal mounting plate for the q5 by a company called Oceania. Can buy it on Amazon

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk
I had seen that earlier and passed it by where I read this at the link:
"..Universal Red-Dot mounting plates for pistols. Replaces the rear sight and fits into existing dovetail. ...."

I want to avoid those "universal patterns" if I can, so would like to get a plate specifically make for the Q5's (or Q4?) optics ready slide. I got the impression this was made to fit the dovetail cut.

But I will investigate further. And thank you for that tip, I will follow up if I am unable to get one from Walther.

·
Registered
263 Posts
They make a dovetail one and a q4/q5 one. I'd just email them or ask them a question on amz

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They make a dovetail one and a q4/q5 one. I'd just email them or ask them a question on amz

Thank you, Yankchef. That's just what I did! <g> I am still hoping someone on this forum has a #2 Trijicon plate they don't need and would be willing to sell to me. Rather have something made my Walther.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been trying to contact them at 479-242-8500. I transfer to their Parts and Repairs department but then the line goes dead. In the prior 5 years or so I have contacted them a couple of times with issues on other pistols and never had a problem.

I need a mounting plate for my new PPQ Q5 for a Holosun micro red dot sight. Apparently Walther is the only source for that although the owner's manual indicates there are mountings plate included in the case. There are none in mine, but I suspected they stopped including plates a while ago from reading on this forum.

Any ideas? Today I also completed their customer service request form, but in the past I always had better luck over the phone. They were easy to contact by phone and responsive to my needs.

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.......................

I just got my plate. Once I submitted my form it took maybe 2 weeks for a reply via email but they gave me a link for the free plate request you can get from them and within 2 days the plate was at my door.

Edit:
I also have the Oceania defence one because I wanted the rear sight option and received it today. I ordered it two weeks before the Walther Customer service one and recieved it over a week after. Still messing with the Oceania one, no instructions and I can't find anything online for it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I ordered my optics plate through the Waltherarms link over a month ago (to use with my then-brand-new Q4). I've sent follow-up emails since but still no reply at all from Walther CS. IMO, they should re-evaluate their 30-day-no-questions-asked return policy if they can't deliver an optics plate within 30 days.

***EDIT Just called CS, and they say it will ship in two days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts