Walther Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
And why all the hype? Creed, PPX all the same to me. Buy a PPX and save a bunch of dollars. Same as a high dollar car, put a different name on it and charge more. But, to each his own.

·
Registered
4 Posts
They are on GB and Gunwatcher now, as low as $359-399.

Got to handle one at a gun show this weekend and even got to dry fire it, trigger is EXTREMELY smooth for a double action.

·
Registered
26 Posts
And why all the hype? Creed, PPX all the same to me. Buy a PPX and save a bunch of dollars. Same as a high dollar car, put a different name on it and charge more. But, to each his own.
Hype? It's the new version, thus the hype lol Out with the old and in the with the new. Maybe same internals but new look. I have both, prefer the PPX but had to see test the new. Besides, the Creed isn't much more than the PPX but in the end, we are talking about entry level guns, like the smartest kid with down syndrome. Not even in serious contention with Glocks, the PPQ, M&P, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Work at a LGS (Gun Shack) in Helotes, TX (just NW of San Antonio).
We have received 3 and all sold within a day...supposed to get a couple more this week or next. Hype is certainly there...surprised at the popularity and we get calls on them almost daily.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I don't think it's so much hype as realizing that proper marketing leads to sales. Most folks can't keep PPS straight from PPQ or PPX. Creed is distinct and they've added a specific tag with it to make it more marketable. For those of us that know it's a tarted up PPX buying a PPX makes more sense (if you don't already have a P99 & PPS that is :) ).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, I purchased one last week at davidsons house of guns, they started with 86 and the last time I looked he had 36 left. Use the gun genie with your zip code and you can get local prices.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm confused by this "save a bunch of money and get the ppq" thing. I got my Creed for 300. You can save a bunch of money over that price on a PPQ? Where? I just bought the Creed and a Sig P320 but if I can get a PPQ for a "bunch less" than 300 I'll pick one up too!

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm confused by this "save a bunch of money and get the ppq" thing. I got my Creed for 300. You can save a bunch of money over that price on a PPQ? Where? I just bought the Creed and a Sig P320 but if I can get a PPQ for a "bunch less"
than 300 I'll pick one up too!
No, you are confusing the top of line PPQ with the bargin basement PPX.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I mistyped. I meant PPX, yes. A search on gunbroker shows very few PPX under 300. I just did a search RIGHT NOW, and there's 1 used under 300, and one new going for right at 300...the rest are higher.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My LGS finally got a shipment of Creed's. I went and looked at one today and made my decision. I will be getting one of these. Soon.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I just bought a new Creed at LGS, only one he had. Also have a PPQ. For around 200 bucks less, the Creed is an excellent value, better than the PPX.

·
Registered
77 Posts
]I'm looking to buy the new Walther Creed pistol but extensive search on Net turns up zip. Anybody have a link to where they might be on sale?
None on GB, Buds, etc. Walther says they've been shipping them to distributors.
???????
Just hang around here for a while. Once the shine wears off, and the problems start appearing, you'll be able to find them cheap...

·
Registered
11 Posts
to purchase a creed

If you don't want to wait till the shine wears off, go online to Davidsons Gun Genie. He has some in stock. follow directions. He will list all dealers in your area with prices that he deals with.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts