Walther Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Patron
212 Posts
I WANT THAT NOW.

That's the "rare in the US" British SAS L102A1 that I've been lusting at forever and a day.

Damn you for posting that pic............I thought I'd forgotten.............

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
It may be a rare L102A1 but I don't believe that is the original finish. It has been refinished. Here's the original finish:

Looks cool though!

James

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
OK to stop now... your'e making me miserable too!!

I had a P-5 years ago, and of course I sold it. I have been sorry ever since - this variaton is just too da*n neat to look at.

;)

·
Patron
212 Posts
That may be the lighting in the photograph.

Is that for sale somewhere???

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
I agree with Extremist. I think he is correct on the original finish being blue. The two guns shown are only about 100 s/ns apart, in the 171xxx-range.

Curiously both of them are much later guns, and I was not aware that Walther had received another contract from the British for additional deliveries. The initial contract, which was let only after protracted and very extensive testing, was for only 2,300 units, followed shortly thereafter by 200 more. Commercial deliveries to Interarms followed. Surprisingly the very first batch of commercial guns were made up on overrun British contract slides, and bore the NATO stock number (but commercial Ulm proofs). These guns, and the ones that immediately followed (with polished slides and no stock number) were in the 151xxx serial range. Initially these came with laminated wooden grip panels, which broke so distressingly quickly that Walther abruptly discontinued them. The early guns also had a trigger stop milled as a stud on the back of the trigger, as in the standard P5, and the backstrap was of light alloy, with vertical striations. By the time s/ns reached 152xxx, the trigger stop had been deleted and the backstrap was plastic, with horizontal grooving, as clearly shown in one of the pix above.

Walther was very proud of this gun, as it had passed the most stringent requirements set down by the SAS -- apparently eclipsing all of its competitors. Evidently the Brits have liked it well enough to go back for more.

M

·
Patron
212 Posts
Well, either way I've always wanted one.

Hey Mike.........did you get those mags yet??

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
These guns, and the ones that immediately followed (with polished slides and no stock number)
M
Mine has the NATO stock number and ULM Proofs :confused:

Earl's Import markings are on the underside edge of the slide.

James

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
extremist-

It is the original phosphate finish, the photo is just not clear.

MGMIKE-
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Probably just the lighting that's bringing out the green. I believe you if you say it is unaltered. I'll have to look at mine in different lighting conditions and see if it looks "greener" to me :p

James

·
Patron
212 Posts
I don't know if you were responding to ME but I have no idea if it's unaltered. It could be. I was simply reminding everyone NOT to jump to "internet forum conclusions" since it could very easily be a shitty picture rather than a refinished weapon.

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
James - great looking gun! Saw on for sale last year for $,1200 and I didn't jump at it fast enough...haven't seen one for sale again since. Regards, photo

·
Registered
27 Posts
James - great looking gun! Saw on for sale last year for $,1200 and I didn't jump at it fast enough...haven't seen one for sale again since. Regards, photo

Guys,

Last I checked Earl's still has these greenies for sale. There are supposed to be British Army overruns.

Might want to give Earl's a call. IIRC, They were selling for $1000.

CMOS

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just called Earl's. They do have 2 of the L012A1 (green phosphate finish) left. These are British Special Forces versions. Cost - $1895

They also have some in the black finish for $1195. Both versions are brand new.

CMOS

1 - 16 of 16 Posts