Walther Forums banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
All good points made so far. Get the biggest and best safe you can afford!!
I have to agree with this. A good safe will be used for more than firearms in many cases and they fill up quickly. One advertised for 16 rifles will hold 10 if they have scopes and slings on them. Make sure it is tall enough to hold longer barrel shotguns. They come with built in electrical sockets on the inside these days for Goldenrods, etc. $1,000 will get you a large, well made safe. Catch em on sale. I personally don't like electronic buttons.

Oh yeah, don't leave the combination laying around in a nearby "hidden spot". A thief will somehow find it. Bolt it down if you are away from the house for long periods when thieves can have plenty of time to wrestle the whole thing out the door. Power tools can cut through most anything these days with diamond blades. A house alarm should be the first part of home security but a safe will sure keep your firearms safe from children and usually thieves. M1911

·
Registered
2 Posts
There are many tip when finding gun safe, you can search google with keyword: gun safe buyer guide, gun safe review, best gun safe... to have good factor to choose gun safe. Or you can click link in my signature.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
... Bolt it down if you are away from the house for long periods when thieves can have plenty of time to wrestle the whole thing out the door. Power tools can cut through most anything these days with diamond blades. A house alarm should be the first part of home security but a safe will sure keep your firearms safe from children and usually thieves. M1911
A safe is at best an early warning system against thieves. It may foil them on the first break-in, and that is a signal to move the guns elsewhere. When they come back, they'll know which tools to bring.

A fact of life.

M

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
81 - 87 of 87 Posts