1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mecgar manufactures the P99 mags that come with the pistol, I'm sure you already know this. They function perfectly fine, so do the S&W99 mags. I'm assuming they manufacture them for the S&W99 as well( correct me if I'm wrong anyone ), except for the fact that instead of having "Walther CAL .40" it has ".40 S&W" and instead of having a Mecgar stamp on the side, it has a S&W logo. Same goes for the stamp on the bottom of the magazine as well. Promags however, I have heard from many individuals to stay away from them.

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Very early (2004 or so) OEM mags in .40 cal had a problem with the bases cracking off, but I haven't heard that complaint in a few years now.

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Most handgun manufacturers today do not make their own magazines. The manufacture of magazines is highly sophisticated, and far more complex and demanding than the manufacture of, for example, barrels or slides. Because the processes are so specialized, most handgun manufacturers prefer to buy, rather than make.

Mec-Gar is the OEM of magazines for many brands both foreign and domestic, and they have a reputation second to none.

M

1 - 6 of 6 Posts