Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have some PP-PPK-PPK/s series barrel specs out there?
I'm looking for factory technical specifications (machinist drawings) for the barrels (.32 acp and .380 acp).

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
Ulm, IA Ranger, Smith and Wesson and Ft Smith Arkansas at the new Walther plant....but they won't be sharing I expect. My 2 cents. 1917

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ulm, IA Ranger, Smith and Wesson and Ft Smith Arkansas at the new Walther plant....but they won't be sharing I expect. My 2 cents. 1917
Yeah, but I imagine they were captured during WWII when the U.S. took over the plant. They were probably taken into the National Archives or something. Either way, they should be a matter of public record by now.

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
I'm thinking MGMike or Dieter Marschall might know the most about this possibility. I'm hoping MGMike is still with us although he said he was put off by the very recent change to the format here and stated he might leave. I think he might have the answer you are looking for even if there is no chance of getting your hands on them. I know an engineer at Arnsberg, Germany told me they had the old drawings and took a look at them when it was old school steel PP .22 vs new school zinc PP .22, cost vs cost. But, what old drawings I don't know. Were the original plans from Zella-Mehlis saved or lost, do the Russians have them? Did Ulm have enough info to start again or did they have the originals or copies. I don't know. Public record....don't know that either. But, fortunately there are a lot of people here that know a lot more than I do about this sort of thing. 1917

1 - 4 of 4 Posts