Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I’m new to the forum and new to walther in general. I recently purchased a Walther PP and would like to find out anything I can about it. If anyone has any info on value or any neat history about it I would appreciate it thanks.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Your serial number resolvers to 1940. The Eagle over N proof marks were used beginning in 1940. I cannot clearly read the slide but you say Zehle-Mehlis, so if that is what it says then that’s correct for the time. I saw a similar Rplt stamp somewhere before, can’t recall where. The slide looks to be nickel plated which was a rare option back then, called verchromt. But the slide isn’t coated, which suggest a later marriage.

The box and test target are for some other gun altogether.

Mysterious.

- gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli

·
Premium Member
1,709 Posts
The lanyard ring and the Rplt inventory stamp are the hints. It's a former service pistol of the Danish state police (Rigspolitiet). It was blued once for sure but many of these pistols were refinished later.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The lanyard ring and the Rplt inventory stamp are the hints. It's a former service pistol of the Danish state police (Rigspolitiet). It was blued once for sure but many of these pistols were refinished later.
Any clues on price? Not wanting to sell it I’m using it as my CC. I would like to know if what I payed for it was worth it.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I knew I had seen that before! Thanks, Balogh.

And I mis-wrote in my earlier lost, the frame is plated , of course., not the slide.

- gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would really like to know if what I paid for it was to much. I paid $400 for the Walther and totaled out to $388 after I traded in an old muzzleloader and they threw in a box of 7.65mm ammo

·
Registered
255 Posts
Slide is marked (Thur) so it is a Zella-Mehlis slide. As mentioned, serials are for a different pistol. Postwar mag though.

As far as price, it is a shooter so you did ok, it is not a collection item. I'm told it is a comfortable plinker, and some don't think that caliber is much use for CCW, but shot placement is king. Practice!

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
I would really like to know if what I paid for it was to much.
I think you did well. You should have a nice little shooter there. Take it to the range and enjoy it.

I'd also like to add that your magazine is post WWII. Some were marked by police armorers with the last three digits of the serial number on the magazine extension. If yours is so marked I'd like to see a picture of it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think you did well. You should have a nice little shooter there. Take it to the range and enjoy it.

I'd also like to add that your magazine is post WWII. Some were marked by police armorers with the last three digits of the serial number on the magazine extension. If yours is so marked I'd like to see a picture of it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
no serial on either clip I think the clips paperwork and box Are to one gun and they were just bought at a later date and put with the gun. You can see the tag on the box the old serial # crossed out and the one that’s on the gun wrote in.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts