Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from WI! I just picked up this Walther PPK everything is all original and has not been altered in any way. However, aside from the serial number behind the trigger and the last 3 digits scratched into the inside of the slide. No logo no roll markings no proof stamps either on the slide or the barrel breech. I have heard of no marking models made towards the end of the war but what would be the point of having no markings on such an early Specimen? Anyone have any information? The dimensions are all correct Everything functions exactly as it should. THIS IS NOT A FAKE, NOT A FRANKENSTEIN, EVERYTHING is correct down to the hundredth of an inch. Any ideas? I have many pre war PPK Pistols, this on has me and Walther stumped. Yes I called Walther. They are confused and interested as well. I would love to hear its story.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
The dimensions are all correct...EVERYTHING is correct down to the hundredth of an inch. ...
How can anyone who does not claim to have access to factory drawings credibly declare that the dimensions are all correct? And if Walther made a pistol that was correctly dimensioned only down to the hundredth of an inch, it probably wouldn't work.

M

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Not even Walther Germany has access to the original factory drawings. All three pre-war pistols that were made post WW2 had to be reverse-engineered, as far as I remember.

·
Registered
282 Posts
original drawings PP/PPK

Not even Walther Germany has access to the original factory drawings. All three pre-war pistols that were made post WW2 had to be reverse-engineered, as far as I remember.
Hello all,
Copies of the original drawings do exist, as before 1945 Fritz Walther was clever enough to deposit some drawings in a chimney in his holiday home in Staad on Lake Constance. So Walther did not have to start from scratch after 1945.
Best wishes,
Dieter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts