Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up this Walther PPK everything is all original and Does not appear at all to have been altered in any way. However aside from the serial number and the logos on the Walther grips there are no Markings at all. No logo no proof stamps either on the slide or the barrel breech nothing scratched inside the slide. I have heard of no marking models made towards the end of the war but what would be the point of having no markings on such an early Specimen? Anyone have any information? The dimensions are all correct Everything functions exactly as it should and it has the 90° Safety matching the date of the serial number. What does the Oracle say?

Attachments

·
Registered
629 Posts
Pictures are kind of blurry. Does it look like it was refinished at some point and then just worn out again?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No not at all I even used a micrometer and compared it to my 1938 model and it's exactly the same. I thought maybe someone had machined the sides of the slide but no there's nothing to show that it's been refinished in any way. I looked very closely at the breach on the barrel I even took a Digital microscope to it and couldn't find any evidence of anything being removed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I collect pre-1945 PPK's and in my collection I have many. In comparison, this appears to be Perfectly normal, just without markings.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Interesting seeing all of the 3 threads put together. Is your intent to create a thread that backs your story so as to create a proof of authenticity for a sale?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts