Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was just looking at those pics of the P99 compact and am wondering if anyone has heard of an ETA on that gun? I want one!!!! I have the P99 right now in .40 and would like a compact for my concealed carry pistol...either 9mm or 40 would be awesome I think. Anyone know anything about these guns other than what the pics show???

It would be awesome if they would chamber it in .45, either GAP or ACP for that matter...that would be a great CCW...

Sean

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Feb. 12-15 in Las Vegas. Unfortunately, I'm not going to be going like I thought I was

But, if anyone else is going, please give us a report.

Regards,
James

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any news on when we will be able to get these things?? I suspect it would take awhile before they would be released to the public. Hopefully I am wrong about that...its also safe assume that they won't be cheap either. Oh well...no big deal I guess, after all, it is another hand cannon.

Sean

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Confirmation from our contact at Walther:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The P99 Compact will be introduced at the Shot Show this year.
That is all

James

·
Registered
52 Posts
Feb 12 -15 for the Shot Show in Las Vegas are the identical dates of the Digital Imaging Show there at the Convention Center where the new Nikon D70 digital single lens reflex will be introduced.  I tried to book hotel space that week but none was available for Fri and Sat under about $350 per night and that was two weeks ago.  I decided not to go.  Had I known about the two shows being in the same town at the same time I would have made arrangements earlier.

So I must buy both the newly introduced Walther P99 compact ($550) and the newly announced Nikon D70 ($999) plus the new digital  lens for same ($300) and the new 600 flash unit ($?).  
Those new products will break me.  Time to sell my Ruger Mini 14 stainless factory folder (which I fired one time) to raise some money to start to pay for these new "necessities".

Shooting is still more expensive than photography.  But if you want to see some real expense, try getting into sports car racing.  A good custom intake manifold, alone, will run more than several pistols and cameras.  

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Carl Walther in Germany did confirm that the P99 Compact will be available with SA/DA, QA, and DAO triggers.
FYI.

James

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for all the good info here guys. very cool.

So now the question is which one to buy? Thoughts?

I am thinking DAO as a carry weapon...either that or SA/DA...the QA is probably the last choice for a carry gun, I think...

Sean

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Well, that's good news. Thanks James! Now the only question, is it going to look like a P99 or a SW99?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
WHooHOO, P99 Compacts listed on RSR Wholesale so they must be coming soon!

WAWAP79000FC WALTHER P99 COMPACT 9MM 3.5" BLUE **Allocated** 9MM $670.00 $xxx.xx
WAWAP80000FC WALTHER P99 COMPACT 9MM 3.5" BLUE QA **Allocated** 9MM $670.00 $xxx.xx
WAWAP90000FC WALTHER P99 COMPACT 40SW 3.5" BL QA **Allocated** 40SW $670.00 $xxx.xx

They are the same price as the full size, but expect prices to be around $600 for a while, then dropping to $550 and under as supplies firm up.

Regards,
James

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
It's really pathetic that Walther America/Walther Germany does not promote their new products with the splash and anticipation that H&K does. H&K had on their website at 9:00 am PDT all of their new announcements from the Shot Show for everyone to see, as well as having their webpage updated with the new products.

Too bad. Walther America/Walther Germany doesn't seem to have very good marketing people in charge.

And they STILL have not corrected/updated their webpage from the suggestions forwarded to them over 6 months ago

James

·
Registered
263 Posts
IMHO, they totally ruined this bastaged version of the P99.  A P99 compact should be just that - a compact P99  

Really...how much extra effort would it have taken to make an exclusive lower for the Walther based on the full-size pistols?  For some people, the difference between S&W and Walther is night and day and I didn't mind at all paying the extra $50 or so for a Walther P99 over a SW99.  But if I was to get a P99 compact, there'd be no way I'd pay extra for a half-Walther pistol.

The slide on the P99C is different I noticed.  Seems like the serrations on the grip area on the rear of the slide are spaced much further apart.  I think it looks a little too much like HK or Sig...I would rather it have been like the full-size ones.

I also see that Walther didn't bother to take the time to mold a foam insert for their display boxes for the P99C and used the ones for the full-size models instead.  Couldn't they have used one from the SW99 compact as long as they're on that track?

aaagh...forgive my ranting. I was looking forward to this one and it was kind of a disappointment.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I am with you and much disappointed if the above picture is the final end product of the P99 compact. Compared the pictures, the Hk P2000SK has a better trigger guard and grip, at least to me ....

·
Registered
411 Posts
That H&K P2000sk 9mm looks VERY nice.
That will probably be my next compact purchase.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I hope I dont sound negative. Is always good to see that one's favorite brand comes up with a novelty. I did like very much the P5 and the P5 compact, I disliked the P99C, despite not being very different from the P88, but the P88 had some nice controls that the P88c lacked. I am not very fond of compact handguns anyway. I agree with airfix, NI3frontier and M700Police, I am not very impressed by this new compact.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Ditto. I'm kinda bummed, based on the picture. I hate that SW looking frame. Maybe I'll feel differently when I get it in my hands, but for that kind of price, I think a Kahr MK9 Elite is the better bet.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts