Walther Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about buying a PPS M2 but it doesn’t have the antlers on the slide what does that mean exactly

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Well what does it have instead?

I have a sneaking suspicion that it DOES have the Ulm antlers as seen in this pic and you're looking for the Federal (German) eagle which has been replaced with the CIP mark.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Wow, that's pretty cool, I've never seen one without the antlers. I have a BH vintage as well and it has the antlers. My guess is they just missed stamping it at the factory, making yours quite a rarity. Like a coin that was stamped wrong at the mint. Maybe the assembly line worker had a hangover from Oktoberfest.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is my new pps m2 le, it doesn’t have the antlers
That's very interesting. I wonder if that means that it was made in the US? US manufactured guns manufactured for the civilian market (maybe the military as well) typically don't have proof marks at all. If it was manufactured in Germany, I believe it is still the law there that all firearms must be proofed and marked.

·
Premium Member
13,871 Posts
My PPS m2 has antlers
I have no idea what it means.
Means its a reindeer.....maybe its Rudolf's cousin, Randolf the brown nose reindeer....he could run just as fast as Rudolf, he just couldn't stop as fast.

Antler stamp is an indicator as to where the firearm was manufactured....see post 2 above.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine is an AV serial number with a BI date code and looks like that too.
It does have antlers on it. They are just very hard to see. It almost looks like the finish was applied after the proof mark was etched in there.
You have to tilt it so the light strikes it at just the correct angle.

On mine it pretty had to see anything till the light hits it just right

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
My serial # starts with AW,it was made in Germany,and has the antlers.It's a little lighter color than the rest of markings.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Antlers is for Ulm proof house that has now been replaced by DE for Deutschland from what I understand.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I miss the cool little eagle. I believe they switched over to the CIP over N proof in BE (2014). It was a requirement that all the guns made in the EU had to use the same proof mark.

·
Registered
929 Posts
No. You understood wrong. Federal eagle has been replaced with CIP. The antlers and the DE are still on there.
Thanks for the correction.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I purchased this pistol online and I guess the way they took the pictures it didn’t show up but after receiving pistol it does have the antlers

1 - 19 of 19 Posts