Walther Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not kept track of full size P5's of late

Got a chance to buy an as NIB P5, originally chambered for .30 Luger with the CAT # on the slide, the matching mags, target (no box) and not import marked

also got a 9mm barrel with no serial #, different date code for test fire...

my assumption, its a bring back and somebody got a spare 9mm barrel....
what price range would be acceptable and at what price point do you think it's a bargain???

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
there has to be somebody keeping track of prices???

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
They are climbing all the time, Ollie ... with asking prices often exceeding $1K for decent looking police turn-ins that were selling a few years ago in the $400 to $500. People also are apparently willing to pay upper-end prices because you don't see the ones that are advertised for sale sticking around for long, as a rule. I don't know if that helps or not, but I'm glad that I picked up mine when I did.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the P5 looks unfired and is only missing the box
I already have a P5 but would like to add the .30 Luger....
I am just not sure if I want another P5 sitting in the safe of if I should invest in something else.....
Any of the few .30 Luger P5 owner wanna chime in and inbox me what you paid if you don't want to post it in the Forum

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Just curious, but what is the seller asking? I don't recall seeing one in 30 Luger for sale on auction sites recently.

Reactions: searcher451

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
My dealer just ordered a case of it for me, for a SIG P210. Arrived in less than a week.

The choices are fairly limited, however. Fiocchi only loads two types: 93 grain FMJ and 93 grain JSP, both at around 1200 fps. About 26 cents/round.

M

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
asking price is 1099.....which is ok in my book
I do have a P5 and P5c... the P5c was under 900.... so my problem is ....do I wanna spend that money for the .30 just to say I have it....
but then again there is a 9mm barrel goin on gb right now that is already at 225

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
I am a great believer in having spare barrels for guns I shoot a lot, especially if the gun is a model that is out of production. Not because I am afraid of wearing them out, but in case of damage. This is a concern when one relies heavily on surplus ammo acquired when it was abundant and cheap.

M

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well.... I called the shop today... the P5 is not going home with me....:(
decided I did not need another P5

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Sorry to hear that, Oliver. You can never be too rich, nor too thin, nor have too many Walthers.

Care to share the shop info, in the event that someone else wants to take a look?

·
Registered
80 Posts
My ex-dentist has a Luger in 30 Luger that his ancestor brought back from the war to end all wars. I would dearly love to have it, I've shot it, but there is no way he will ever part with it. First, he has every other dollar ever minted, and second, it's a family heirloom. And, he has a son. Oh, well. He also has an old 1911, from the war. I'm not gonna get that either. I wish he'd stop showing me this stuff. He's rude.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts