Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have to do anything with the windage screw or do you just depress the detent plunger down and slide the sight off in the opposite direction? Thanks.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just push the plunger down and give that baby a good push, Some times the stock sight is a little tight but it will push out.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Kevin and I do intend to do all this in a large ziplock bag just in case that detent spring decides to go into orbit. Should I continue to hold down on the detent while I install the Meprolight?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yes,, slide the sight in and push down on the plunger, Make sure the wwindage screw head locks into the top of the plunger.

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Here is a small video i made to send you in the right direction with your installation, The quality isnt that great but i hope it helps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4ekXJdY-4w
Kevin: That's awesome -- a great help to everyone who might be looking to repair or trade up their rear sights. Perhaps one of the moderators can move this link into the collection of Jenglish sticky notices of P99 videos.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is a small video i made to send you in the right direction with your installation, The quality isnt that great but i hope it helps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4ekXJdY-4w
PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin, thank you. This is exactly what I needed. I would have attempted to install the new rear sight in the opposite direction. Now I know.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well you could install it in the opposite direction wich would be considered the proper way but this way is a lil easier

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have now viewed it 6 times. That's how anal I am about these things :). I can't thank you enough for doing this.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
By the way, my Mepros should be in any day.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The link now has to go in the sticky thread for sure.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I stuck it in the sticky. I hope it sticks. (say that 10x real fast).

Better even than the TruGlos, I wish Heinie made their Slant Pro Straight 8's to fit. I like the Warren Tacticals too.

·
Registered
382 Posts
By the way, my Mepros should be in any day.
I got my Mepros for the P99C last night. The rear doesn't fit - the hole for the windage screw is too big, and the sight is too big for the groove cut into the slide.

The second problem could be fixed with some sandpaper. The first is unfixable.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I got my Mepros for the P99C last night. The rear doesn't fit - the hole for the windage screw is too big, and the sight is too big for the groove cut into the slide.

The second problem could be fixed with some sandpaper. The first is unfixable.
What did they say when you contacted them about it? Is it just the wrong model?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts