Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Without a doubt, this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Enjoy, and welcome.
Moon

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
Enjoy your new pistol JanH. My '65 PPK .22 prefers high velocity ammunition for best reliability.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My PP also prefers high velocity ammo. I’ll test it this week and see what it likes.

Jan

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts
All my PP and PPK models in .22lr shoot and chamber perfectly with SV ammunition. There were times, I didn't even know HV ammunition existed or what it was meant to be good for.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
JanH, it's a beauty and lots of fun times are ahead with you PPK.

·
Registered
35 Posts
All my PP and PPK models in .22lr shoot and chamber perfectly with SV ammunition. There were times, I didn't even know HV ammunition existed or what it was meant to be good for.
Do you mean standard velocity load advertised @ std. 1075 fps (ie cci SV) or something a little bit hotter?

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts
Do you mean standard velocity load advertised @ std. 1075 fps (ie cci SV) or something a little bit hotter?
I'm using this type of ammunition in my vintage PP and PPK models. It's a standard velocity load but according to my gunsmith, this Geco .22lr pistol version burns the powder completely while the bullet is still in the barrel. Normal loads for rifles would burn a little longer, he says.
Trigger Font Revolver Shotgun Material property

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm using this type of ammunition in my vintage PP and PPK models. It's a standard velocity load but according to my gunsmith, this Geco .22lr pistol version burns the powder completely while the bullet is still in the barrel. Normal loads for rifles would burn a little longer, he says.
View attachment 102319
Thank you Balogh,
Yes, the trick is to have a fast burning powder...
no way to find those Gecos here, but I’ll try the equivalent from Fiocchi.
Again many thanks
p

·
Registered
42 Posts
In my PPK/s I have run a number of standard HV Winchester, CCI Mini Mags and leave it loaded with CCI Stingers which it really likes. There is no shortage of 22 ammo in this household.

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Bought a PPK/s .22 for $75 in '71, traded it a year later for $85, and kicked myself 'till I found another one at a gunshow some years later.
A thing well worth having. :)
Moon
ETA- The first one rode in my field jacket pocket when my old Guard outfit was called for the truckers' strike; we had M16s without a bolt carrier group. Most of us took something from home instead.
M

Reactions: mark40

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bought a PPK/s .22 for $75 in '71, traded it a year later for $85, and kicked myself 'till I found another one at a gunshow some years later.
I know the feeling. I bought a Walther Olympia that nobody wanted in 1985 for 10 euro and sold it for 25 euro in 1989.

Jan

·
Registered
471 Posts
I know the feeling. I bought a Walther Olympia that nobody wanted in 1985 for 10 euro and sold it for 25 euro in 1989.

Jan
After all, you had a profit of 150 percent. :giggle:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts