Walther Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a PPK S&W, .380. Had some initial FTF problems but they seem to be solved. Could someone provide a link or two on this forum for PPK ammo. Both for range ammo and personal defense. I am especially interested in personal defense.
Tx!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've found that anything full metal jacket feeds just fine.

Unfortunately for self-defense(assuming you mean HPs) it can really be hit or miss. My PPKS doesn't like Fiocchis but it runs through just about any other HPs I put in it. The best option is to buy a couple different brands and try them out.

I've also heard that getting your feed ramp polished can help any feed issues...but I haven't been able to try this myself yet.

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
My S&W PPK/S feeds Winchester white box FMJ flawlessly, time after time; I've never had so much as a hic-cup with it. It also feeds Speer Gold Dot JHP ammo, which I use for self-defense, perfectly: No blips, no slips, no errors.

·
Registered
20 Posts
For FMJ I have used magtech, Sellior and Bellot, and CCI blazer with a few hiccups with the S&B not wanting to go fully into battery. For SD rounds I have used Remington Golden Sabers with 0 problems.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I also have a S&W PPK/S and I have used Winchester White Box from WallyWorld. Never had a problem ammo related. I have also used CCI Blazer Brass. No problems at all. I remember reading that another member had issues with this ammo and they believed it stemmed from the shape of bullet, but like I said ... I have never had a problem.

As for JHP's, I have shot Rem. Golden Sabers and Corbon 90gr with no problems at all. I currently have the Corbon's loaded in both mags ready to go. I like the Sabers, but I am not sure how much I like the 102gr weight bullet. I am still debating in this small caliber which is better ... 102 or 90 for optimal pentration and damage.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Target ammo...Winchester White Box from Wal-Mart

Defensive, I use Winchester Ranger SXT's. When Winchester had to pull their black talons, they dropped the name, and made a more efficent bullet.

Im sure you can guess, it does wonders to the inside of someone who is trying to harm you.

·
Registered
729 Posts
My Interarms PPK has fed Winchester Silvertips flawlessly for 20 years. It also has no problem digesting Cor-Bon hollowpoints.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts