Walther Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't resist the PPS with the new price reduction.

Only problem, haven't had time to take it to the range yet... maybe this weekend.

I've been dry firing mine with mags full of snap caps. Boy I see what you all mean about grit in the trigger mechanism, my PPX never had this. I really hope it smooths out.

The other thing I've noticed is how heavy it is to rack the slide compared to my PPX...

Roll on the weekend.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I shot a friends PPS that had about 100 rounds through it and the trigger was nice and crisp. My new one has some funky creep in it and then just pressure for a nice clean break. I've been dry firing mine and it has gotten better. My extra mags showed up yesterday, so I'm hoping to put a bunch of rounds through it, possibly this weekend.

Congrats on the new shooter!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First 100 rounds down range

Made it to the range yesterday and put 100 rounds through the PPS.

Well all the other posts are right...
  1. This gun is really accurate - my groupings are half the size of my PPX
  2. The grittiness of the trigger is getting better
  3. Trigger "feel" is great, especially the break
  4. Perceived recoil is low

I think the accuracy and recoil are due to the weight of the slide, it's way heavier than my PPX and the stiff spring absorbs the energy better.

I am getting a fine, light sandy grit coming out of the gun into the magazines - possibly a contribution to the trigger getting smoother?

I cleaned and oiled the gun before taking it to the range but I did notice an orange-ish film inside the gun - maybe the heat of shooting is crystallizing whatever that stuff is and it's coming off.

I'm going to have to clean the gun again as there's a lot of gunk inside from just 100 rounds.

I think I'm going to really like this pistol. :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
I think the orangish stuff you're seeing is the protectant that Walther uses to coat all of the steel parts. CLP usually does a pretty good job of removing it.

I ended up taking the fire control group out of my pistol yesterday. The stamped strut that hooks onto the decocker has sharp edges on one side due to being a stamping. I used some fine emory cloth to take off the edges to allow the spring to slide over it more efficiently. i cleaned up the guts with CLP and dried it off with an old T-shirt. The trigger pull is getting really nice. Was going to run a bunch of different ammo through it today, including some Federal HST 124gr., but woke up with a migraine. I'll have to find another day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.