Walther Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to share my enthusiasm about my newest handgun. I used to own an SW990L in 45, which is similar to the P99 QA. I never was able to get used to the trigger, but I loved the ergonomics of the gun. I recently sold it and replaced it with a P99 AS in 40, which I bought here in the trading posts. All I can say is wow!

The AS trigger is much better than the QA trigger was for me already. And if I have been reading correctly, the trigger just gets better once it is broken in. I bought it NIB, and so far only have 72 rds down the pipe (one mag full from all 6 mags it came with. The gun seems to be more accurate than me. I was easily keeping them in a 4-5" group at 25 yds, and I think with some practice I should be able to tighten that up some more. This is much better than the SW99 would give me, as I had trouble keeping them all on the paper at 25 yds without REALLY concentrating on the trigger each time I pulled. Double taps also seemed to be faster and more accurate than with the QA trigger. The overall finish seems to be better as well, although this is just comparing ONE Walther to ONE S&W, so I can't say that this is always the case.

The marking next to the eagle over N says AH. Does this mean it is a 2007 manufacture?

I hope to get out and shoot it some more this weekend. So far I am extremely pleased!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE

After a trip to the range this afternoon, I have now enjoyed 350 flawless rounds through this fantastic pistol. I find the recoil to be very tolerable, and the double action pull easy to fire accurately. I am still struggling to get the feel for the single action pull. At times, I'll put five straight rounds in the same hole at fifteen yards, then they will spread around a bit. Today I changed to the number 5 front sight, which gives me a centered hit if I put the dot directly under the center of the target at 15 yards.

I just wish ammo was cheaper so I could afford to shoot it all the time!

Next... a belt holster, night sights and weapon light! I like this so much, I am very eager to pick up a compact version for carry, and outfit this one for home defense.

Any holster recommendations? Thanks guys!:D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Any holster recommendations? Thanks guys!:D
If you are looking for IMB, I have the Cross-Breed Supertuck for my P99c. If you don't want Kydex, then I recommend the McDaniel II from Andrews leather. Both are made for the P99 and P99c, and are very comforable for all day carry. Besides the Kydex vs. leather, the Cross-Breed works well if you ever need to tuck your shirt. Congrats on the new gun. And, by the way, I love my P99c, shoots great, and is very concealable.

Ron

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually, I'm looking for a regular belt holster. Pancake holsters look like what I want, but I have never owned a nice (could also be read "expensive") holster before, so I'm willing to try another style if other styles are more preferred. I DO NOT like the paddle holsters.

What's the general opinion of high noon holsters? Maybe I should start another thread for this subject. I guess I'll wait and see what I get here first. Any and all holster opinions appreciated. Looking for something that would be equally usable for the range, concealed carry, and IDPA.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts