Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, finally you can count me as another new P99 owner (a black/black model)! It's been about a 2-3 month process given the research (which included this and other forums), the comparison shopping, the ordering (got mine via gunfinder.com), the NRA class (my choice) and the waiting period (10-days for "gun owner-friendly" --NOT-- California).

I shot it for the first time yesterday with some Win white box 124s and a few Hydra-shoks 135s (9mm, BTW). While I have shot other handguns before, the P99 is the first one I've actually owned. Thanks to Dr Lunde and Mr Costanza who offered encouragement, as well as all those who've posted here and unwittingly provided helpful insight to my purchase. Shooting it was fantastic! While the trigger had some "grainy-ness", I still found it to be a mostly smooth squeeze. I know that will only become more consistent after a few hundred more rounds. Looking forward to many years of satisfaction from this excellent Walther handgun!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Buy a set of snap caps and practice pulling the trigger. Its cheaper then ammo, and it smooths out the trigger faster. If you need night sights, check out the for sale tread....(shame on me)

Enjoy your Walther!!!

45R

·
Registered
47 Posts
45R, Why are you getting rid of your nightsights?  Are you putting the stock ones back on?  What shape are they in?   Post a pic. of them if you can.  Thanks, -d

* moved this post to sale thread *

1 - 4 of 4 Posts