Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to test fire the new .380 PPK/S today. I picked up the gun last Thursday. I bought it on line and it was shipped to a local gun store.

I tested 4 different ammunition:
Blazer 95 grain FMJ- 20 rounds
Winchester 85 grain Silvertip JHP- 35 rounds
Federal 90 grain Hydra-Shock JHP -20 rounds
Gold Dot 90 grain GDHP- 20 rounds

Gun ran flawlessly. Zero problems with any of the ammunition.

As I had written previously, the fit and finish is very good.

As far as observations:
The sights are pretty small, especially if your eyes aren't as young as they used to be. The gun is accurate though. I attribute the accuracy to a very good single action trigger.

I'm not a big fan of the beaver-tail. I wish it was smaller and more rounded.
Recoil can get snappy with the fixed barrel and I did feel it at the base of my thumb because of the way the beaver-tail is configured. I started to use a leather shooting glove. Gold Dot was definitely more snappy than the other ammunition.

Overall it's a very nice gun and I'm glad I bought it. I've been admiring the PPK since I was young, Finally got the PPK/S..

·
Registered
345 Posts
Congrats on your new baby.
Just fired my new one over the weekend and also had flawless performance.
The sights are small - or seemed small as I was also shooting a Q5 SF. But yes, snagging on something during a draw should not be an issue.
I personally don’t mind the beaver tail but I’m a big handed lad so it probably saved me from a minor bloodletting. By the same token recoil was not an issue for me either.
Overall it’s a great gun and I have no complaints so far.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts