Registered
174 Posts
Awsome!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Frickin dog gone sweet man!!!!!!!!!

Just so you know im keeping my p99
your hardcore "ness" to p99's had an impact on my decision... Thanks . I think im making the right choice, something is telling me its a keeper..

Your hard chrome pistols will have a look-a-like soon

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha... well, I am glad U will keep it. For me, the design is my best shooter - I shoot the best w/ my SW99 and fullsize P99 than I do w/ any other gun. That's why I have the P99 - after I saw what the SW99 was like.

And for compact guns, I shoot the P99c better than the Glock 26 I had for 8 years - that's why I sold it.

I will give the QA a chance I think, next year. I'm broke for now
- I'm getting a Keltec 32 next month w/ "house funds." But after that, it will probably be christmas before I have the cash to buy another gun. Next year may be a green QA - I have wanted a green one for a long time

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Those hard chrome finishes are beautiful! I am really considering having my standard production P99 hard chromed.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Both - I chromed the compact - my carry gun - because of holster wear - got wear in just 2 weeks on the black finish. Now, it's about scratch proof. Unless U chink it on the cement, or scratch it with another piece of metal, it will not scratch. After about 8 months, no marks at all on my compact. I liked it so much that I did it to my SW99. And, now, it's just something I prefer.

I also get the extractor and decocker button covered in black polymer - so they have a nice flat black finish too

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wagemage @ July 21 2006,7:20)]So what is the new price on chroming from tripp???
$115 w/ shipping - it was $92 prior to that w/ shipping.

I live in TX, so I had to pay the damn sales tax

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes. I preferred their original price, but not bad.

I was gonna do my USP compact too, but I think I will keep it as is. In a shoot off between it and my P99c, I still shoot the compact P99 better, despit ethe fullsize grip of the USPc. Since I don't see myself carrying it, I think I'll leave it alone.

When I get my free 90 - Two soon, I may NP3 the barrel once it starts to wear (the problem w/ their open slide design is that U see the barrel wear easily - where as the slide on most other guns covers this) - I kinda wanna give NP3 a shot 1 day

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looks fantastic. I really wanted the titanium finish, but my desire for the 2k4 version AS was greater. Might have to look into hard chroming later after seeing those.

[stupid question]What about the SN printed on the slide though? Is it okay to chrome over that since it's also stamped on the barrel and frame? Or do they chrome around it somehow?[/stupid question]

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Only on European guns do U usually see the serial # on the barrel, slide and frame. In America, it is only required on the frame. So, covering that is no issue. On American brands, U'll only find the #'s on the frame anyway. My SW99 only has it on the frame.

It is my understanding that in Europe, the barrel is more the firearm, instead of the frame.

As for the Titanium finish - I think the hard chrome is much more durable, and looks the same. Plus, you don't have to have "Titanium Finish" written on the side in text when you have it hardchromed

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ah, that makes sense then. Thanks. I read up on as many laws as possible before buying my 99, and the serial number parts are a bit vague at times. On one hand they say it only needs to be on the frame, but then they say not to remove any numbers. Must be the rules were written with American stuff in mind?

And, yea, the "Titanium Coated" stamp is a bit tacky. It may as well say 'super turbo extreme' on the side, with racing stripes, and a decorative spolier on the back.

Those new pics are awesome. Would work great as a poster for a new John Woo film.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Nice pictures ShipWreck! I would like to get it with more resolution...Have you post it in another site?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts