Walther Forums banner

401 - 406 of 406 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'd like some help if you wizards have the time. My father just gifted me a PPK/S, SN 139xxx. Right side marked Interarms Alexandria, Virginia - left side marked Made in W. Germany, Carl Waffenfabrik Ulm/Do. He bought it off someone years ago (at least 50+) and I believe it has had less than 10 rounds thru it between the original seller and my father. This gun looks mint with the box, extra mag, cleaning rod, and registration card. Box is aged, with matching serial number as well.

It's going into the safe, but any idea when it was made? I'm (obviously) new to the forum and will start looking thru posts and documents, starting with the chart by Rafman listed above - but would appreciate any help.
This is the wrong thread for that pistol, since it is for US made pistols, and yours was make in Germany. Depending on the age, there could be a date code on it. Pics would help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks! I'll find that thread. Some quick digging, Eagle with the N - so fired to Nitrium powder standards. Does have the Ulm proofmark. Just got to figure out what the 70 before the Ulm means.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Could mean the proof year, 1970. But they are usually letter codes after 1968.
Yes, it was proofed in 1970. But letter codes appeared in the later '70.

401 - 406 of 406 Posts