Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will soon go to the range for the first time with my new p22q which was manufactured in 2020 (code CA). I have Remington Golden Bullets and CCI Blazers. Are these dependable rounds for my p22? Any other advice is welcome. I am a veteran, but a beginner when it comes to pistols.

·
Registered
334 Posts
The RGBs should be.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I will soon go to the range for the first time with my new p22q which was manufactured in 2020 (code CA). I have Remington Golden Bullets and CCI Blazers. Are these dependable rounds for my p22? Any other advice is welcome. I am a veteran, but a beginner when it comes to pistols.
I only shoot CCI rimfire (typically Mini-mags). I shot a bucket of Golden Bullets a few years ago and I don't remember any problems.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Mine is 100% with RGBs and they are $2 cheaper than Mini-mags at Walmart.

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
There may or may not be duds in any of them. Recently shot a 1300+ bucket of RGB, all fired...I have had as many as four or five duds in the 535 packs. I think CCI is a bit better reliability wise. Basically, whatever you use needs to be powerful enough to cycle the slide on a .22 semi auto pistol. I don't really care if I get a few duds....shows me if I'm flinching and always good to practice clearing a dud. I rather have a few duds than the price of ammo double. 1917

·
Registered
21 Posts
There may or may not be duds in any of them. Recently shot a 1300+ bucket of RGB, all fired...I have had as many as four or five duds in the 535 packs. I think CCI is a bit better reliability wise. Basically, whatever you use needs to be powerful enough to cycle the slide on a .22 semi auto pistol. I don't really care if I get a few duds....shows me if I'm flinching and always good to practice clearing a dud. I rather have a few duds than the price of ammo double. 1917

·
Registered
34 Posts
Whatever you do, avoid the 22s with the waxy coating unless you enjoy cleaning your gun often.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I do clean mine after trips to the range, but I have to say, I didn't have such bad luck in my 10/22 with those wax coated buggers, great in semi-autos to help improve feeding, IMHO. Less jams. I have Nosler (forget the model NTAC or NX-22 something or other), black colored pills with a bit of wax on the outside of the bullet, actually took a little less time to clean than usual. I normally put Winchesters through it, or Federal. Gosh I went through so many federals with that puppy.

Back to brass taxes, though. CCI's I have heard so many good things about. RGB's also good, just leaves residue on your fingers from loading, but who cares, its range day have fun and get dirty. If you don't want to clean like after every, say, 7th round, avoid Remmy Thunderbolts. Hot buttered lugnuts is that dirty stuff. Cheap, and goes bang, but D I R T Y!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
For general purpose use, I always found the Mini-Mags to function 100% as well as give very good accuracy, When I wanted the best accuracy, I would go with the Federal Auto Match, Federal gold Target, and Federal HV Gold Target.

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
Crete put up a link with photos perhaps a year ago. Groups made by three or four high end target pistols, Pardini, etc. Eley Tenex and other high end target stuff and the Federal brand which was much cheaper equalled the best of the other groups. I found that pretty interesting. 1917

·
Registered
4 Posts
TY. I plan to get minimags. Hard to find
Have always had good results with CCI Stingers or mini mags. I’ve had a few fail-to-feed with Remington and Federal “buckets”. Have several 22’s and have settled on CCI minimags with no issues with them. Have fun Man !!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts