Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I spent several years in NYC and finally escaped the gun hating yankees to return home to KY:) Other than some occasional family holiday outings with the stockpiled 45 and 223, I havent looked at ammo in ages:confused:

I recently picked up a very well cared for P5 that I plan to start shooting some. I'd like to hear some opinions regarding the (+)'s and (-)'s of different 9mm ammo's.

Thanx in advance for any feedback offered.

Harv

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
The P5 is one, if not the, of my all-time favorite take-to-the-range firearms; it never fails to produce a smile and a heck of a fine day. It works flawlessly, time after time, with Winchester white box 115gr ammo. I get it from WallyWorld for $15.72 per 100 rounds. You can't beat the price or the performance. Happy shooting.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I also use WWB 115g, along with Sellier & Bellot 115g without any problems in my P5c. Blazer will occasionally hang up during ejection.

As I only use my P5c as a range gun, I've not used any self-defense loads.

PhilR.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I used my P5c for ccw for several years and I tested several loads. I found it was picky with some jhp bullets. It failed consistently with Corbon jhp and Federal Hydrashock. It is reliable with Remington Golden Saber. I carried it with Golden Saber 124 +.

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Great gun - best of luck. Mine works fine with WW from Wally's. I escaped from NYC years ago, too. What a pain. I did have a state and NYC carry permit.... took forever. State was no good in the city, and the city was not good in the state.

·
Registered
316 Posts
P5 AMMO

Mine has been extreamly accurate with just about anything its fed. I would warn against shooting a heavy diet of +P, and I wouldn't shoot any +P+. Keep your ammo at normal levels and you'll have one to pass down later in life.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts