Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Lots of threads here on ammo.
Let's see, Range: Winchester white box 100 pack 115gr FMJ, Geco 124gr FMJ, Remanuf LRN 125gr.
Defense: Speer GD JHP 124 gr, Hydra Shok 124gr.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Range I use white box also, defense I use gold dot 115gr. The white box is more accurate than gold dot or hydroshock, with hydroshock being the worse.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I shot a few rounds of Hydrashock a few weeks ago in .40 and also thought it was less accurate. Not that surprising given the shape of the bullit but still.

I intend to buy a few boxes of different defense ammo and shoot it all before deciding on one to really test. Gold Dot seems reasonably priced and a good performer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I use CCI Blazer 115gr FMJ for practice, and Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P JHP for defense.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Speer Gold Dot 147 gr. - I have a local guy who sells me the 50rd. LE packs for a good price.

When I can get that I use Winchester Personal Protection white box 147.

Nocturnal - I'm suprised by your experience with the HydraShok .40. When I carried a Glock 23 the most accurate ammo I found was the HS 155gr and my carry round for my .45 is the 230gr variety. Both were very accurate for me.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Marshallartist: perhaps I was shooting very poorly. I switched from 180 Gr FMJ to lightweight HS rounds and they went all over the place. But I only shot 10 rounds. I had a box of 20 and wanted to keep a mag full for 'just in case'. I now have a few different types of HP rounds in the trunk ready to be tested. It was fun buying a little mixed collection

1 - 8 of 8 Posts