Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some 147 grain speer lawman and some 150 grain federal sythetic ammo. Wondering if this ammo is good for the gun? Im a bit of a newb. Thank you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am not sure what gun you have but my PPQ M2 9mm has not had a problem with anything I have put it in yet. My chosen carry ammo is Hornady Critical Defense as my wife uses it in her PPS M2 so I wanted to keep it simple and use one ammo for both of us. Her gun is pickier - it has the occasional hiccup with aluminum cased ammo for example. The ammo you list is certainly not going to hurt your gun. If you are inquiring about accuracy you will just have to try it, plus more brands/types in my opinion.

·
Registered
325 Posts
No need to use that if you are just training at the range. Find an inexpensive FMJ in the same bullet weight and use that. We have had good luck with Fiocchi and SIG standard FMJs in a few pistol calibers.

For defense, standard Federal HSTs or Speer Gold Dots are hard to beat in 9mm. Not a fan of any +P ammo for the most part.

You want to make sure they function 100% in your pistol, so you do need to shoot a bunch at the range Many people say up into the hundreds of rounds without a malfunction before you can call it good.

·
Registered
294 Posts
The 147gr Lawman has proven to be accurate and reliable, may print a little high with factory sights. I would get a selection of 115gr, 124gr, and 147gr and try all. One of the 3 will probably print at your point of aim. You can then experiment with other loads in the same weight range and see what works best for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts