Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I don’t work for the company nor do I accept any payment from them.

But wanted to share that if you haven’t tried Fenix Ammunition, you may be missing out.

Their 9M match grade ammo in 147 is amazing. They also sell a cheaper version too.

Their ammo though is not cheap. But for those with bigger needs this stuff is fantastic and I think is on par with more expensive precision ammo.

For those discerning shooters I can’t recommend it enough.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
First of all, I don’t work for the company nor do I accept any payment from them.

But wanted to share that if you haven’t tried Fenix Ammunition, you may be missing out.

Their 9M match grade ammo in 147 is amazing. They also sell a cheaper version too.

Their ammo though is not cheap. But for those with bigger needs this stuff is fantastic and I think is on par with more expensive precision ammo.

For those discerning shooters I can’t recommend it enough.
Water, have you tried the Atlanta Arms stuff? They make several accuracy oriented loads?

If you have, how would you compare them?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have. Been a while. Don’t recall.

I did a comparison in it....I’ll see if I can dig it up.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
I am set on Winchester Train and Defend ammo/. 147gr FMJ and JHP that are matched for ballistic performance so recoil is the same for the FMJ and the JHP. I am a firm believer that one should train with a round as similar to the EDC round. Winchester Train and Defend is a perfect answer in that. regard.

I EDC a PPS M2 so I want an ammo that will meet FBI specs out of a 3 inch barrel. I did a great deal of research looking for my ideal ammo. Ammoquest on YouTube does a lot af ammo testing. It did a series on 9mm JHP fro 3" barrel. HST was praised but Winchester Defend won. In organic Gel with 4 layers of denim both rounds had similar expansion, but the Winchester had more consistent deeper penetration

That is what I want: sufficient expansion with the deepest penetration I can get fro a 3" barrel. So I set my HST aside and changed to Winchester. I have found it impossible to distinguish between firing the JHP and FMJ rounds at the range. So I found my combo and it is affordable.

Video of test here:

https://youtu.be/xc5n_JsY3aw

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am set on Winchester Train and Defend ammo/. 147gr FMJ and JHP that are matched for ballistic performance so recoil is the same for the FMJ and the JHP. I am a firm believer that one should train with a round as similar to the EDC round. Winchester Train and Defend is a perfect answer in that. regard.

I EDC a PPS M2 so I want an ammo that will meet FBI specs out of a 3 inch barrel. I did a great deal of research looking for my ideal ammo. Ammoquest on YouTube does a lot af ammo testing. It did a series on 9mm JHP fro 3" barrel. HST was praised but Winchester Defend won. In organic Gel with 4 layers of denim both rounds had similar expansion, but the Winchester had more consistent deeper penetration

That is what I want: sufficient expansion with the deepest penetration I can get fro a 3" barrel. So I set my HST aside and changed to Winchester. I have found it impossible to distinguish between firing the JHP and FMJ rounds at the range. So I found my combo and it is affordable.

Video of test here:

https://youtu.be/xc5n_JsY3aw
That’s a different type of ammo. Fenix just started making SD ammo but much more known for their competition stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts