Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new .40 P99 just arrived. Any of you handloaders out there know of a good load for a 180gr. hp? Also have any of you shot Magtech ammo through yours? If so what did you think?

·
Registered
169 Posts
i never shot it,but a few people have told me about shooting MagTech.I have never heard anything negative about their ammo,in fact i just read that frangiable pistol rnds are,''quite devastaing'' as it was put in the article.im no ballistics expert,maybe some one who is on this form=um can shed mor light on the subject for you.i carry .40sw 180g Fed. Hydra-Shok HP,i dont get much better than that as far as lethality goes.

·
Registered
169 Posts
sorry Accutech makes the frangable ammo,not Magtech.accutechusa.com:eek:

why cant i edit my own posts?im a big boy.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
525 Posts
i just read that frangiable pistol rnds are,''quite devastaing'' as it was put in the article
Today's ballistics experts say that frangible pistol rounds offer far too shallow penetration to be good for self defense. I believe the frangible brand you were thinking of is magsafe. I always recommend anyone wanting to start to learn a little about ballistics to read this article http://www.firearmstactical.com/hwfe.htm give it a download and check it out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow!

:rolleyes: Am I to belive that no one reloads there own ammo out there? I kind of expected to get some good replies. Instead I got a discussion on frangible bullets. Come on guys give me something good. This is about sharing information isnt it?

·
Registered
128 Posts
:rolleyes: Am I to belive that no one reloads there own ammo out there? I kind of expected to get some good replies. Instead I got a discussion on frangible bullets. Come on guys give me something good. This is about sharing information isnt it?
Um, okay. I reload 40S&W cartridges, but with 155 gr. projectiles.

My regular 40S&W recipe calls for a 155 gr. projectile over 5.4 gr. of Universal at an OAL of 1.145", with a very light taper crimp. My brass of choice for this caliber are Remington and CBC, as they have proven to be the most consistent in terms of dimensions and neck tension. This recipe clocks about 1050 fps out of the 5" barrel of my XD-40 Tactical, with exceptional accuracy.

Sorry, I don't reload 180 gr., so I don't have any recipes for that projectile weight....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any information is good information.

Hey thanks for the informative reply. I appreaciate it. 155's huh? I might have to give that a whirl.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts