Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Well, I'm still lusting after a P99 and will be getting one after the holidays but, in the mean time I was looking at a manual for the P99 that was online and I have a question. I was reading the ammo warning and got the impression that they suggest using only standard pressure 9mm ammo. Is this so? Have any of you used +p or +p+ rounds and noticed any ill effects? Thanks in advance for your replies.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Most European handguns are designed to shoot 9mm ammo with heavier bullets [124 grains]. This gives a heavier recoil impulse that the U.S. 115 grain load doesn't reach. As a result, the new pistol may short cycle until the recoil spriing wears in.

I found this was the case with my P99. I broke in mine with over 500 rounds of Winchester 127 grain +P+ Ranger ammo. The gun handled the wear-in well and shows no signs of abnormal wear. I practice with 115 grain ball ammo and train with and carry the Ranger ammo. It is now a 100% pistol.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I've shot probably 2000 rounds of Speer 124gr. +P GDHP's and never had a hiccup or any undue stress or wear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts