Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being a shooter who fires from both sides; I am thinking of buying a new P99 QA with the ambidextrous slide stop. Interested in feedback from members who are familiar with this model.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I spoke to the distributor, Smith & Wesson, at 1-800-372-6454 and they told me that the P99 QA with the ambidextrous slide stop is designated a law enforcement model thus ships with two hicap magazines which are still illegal for sale in California. They are legal and available in most other states. S&W has them in stock now.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
An update on my last posting. I contacted Karl Heinz Luther at Walther in Germany in regard to the QA model with the ambidextrous slide stop. He referred me to Eoin Stafford at Smith and Wesson. Stafford informed me that S&W has not imported this model into the US market and has no plans to do so. He said he will let me know if that changes. Considering the onfo that I got from S&W in my last posting there seems to be a definite lack of communications in their customer relations department. I get the impression that they do not give Walther the attention it deserves.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your imput, your right, its probebly not worth the wait. Still haven't gotten a firm answer on wether or not the ambi P99 is legal to ship to CA. I have been thinking of adding a P2000 to my collection. Are you happy with yours? What trigger would you recommend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.