Walther Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a shooter who fires from both sides; I am thinking of buying a new P99 QA with the ambidextrous slide stop. Interested in feedback from members who are familiar with this model.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My local gun dealer can't get a hold of one for me. I ordered the ambi QA back in Dec. 10, 2004. My gun dealer has either dragged their feet, or just honestly can not get a hold of one for sale here in California. You need a special dealer SKU# to order it. Walther considers it a law enforcement model since they did not expect much demand from the general public. With that in mind. No one on this board has gotten a hold of one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I spoke to the distributor, Smith & Wesson, at 1-800-372-6454 and they told me that the P99 QA with the ambidextrous slide stop is designated a law enforcement model thus ships with two hicap magazines which are still illegal for sale in California. They are legal and available in most other states. S&W has them in stock now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
An update on my last posting. I contacted Karl Heinz Luther at Walther in Germany in regard to the QA model with the ambidextrous slide stop. He referred me to Eoin Stafford at Smith and Wesson. Stafford informed me that S&W has not imported this model into the US market and has no plans to do so. He said he will let me know if that changes. Considering the onfo that I got from S&W in my last posting there seems to be a definite lack of communications in their customer relations department. I get the impression that they do not give Walther the attention it deserves.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just ordered my P99 yesterday and I tried to get the ambidextrous slide stop, my dealer told me that he didn't know how long it would take before he could find one for me so I just went ahead and ordered an AS without it. Not worth the extra wait for me, since it took nearly 8 months for my permit to come in anyway.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I know where you can find one, as of 31 March 2005, the Sportsmans Warehouse in Albuquerque, NM (505-761-9900) had one AF Ambi slide stop QA 40 S&W in stock. VERY COOL GUN.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm left handed. I have an ambidextrous slide stop on my HK P2000. I don't use the slide stop on the right side very often because I am used to operating the slide stop with my trigger finger. I wouldn't wait months for one on a P99.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your imput, your right, its probebly not worth the wait. Still haven't gotten a firm answer on wether or not the ambi P99 is legal to ship to CA. I have been thinking of adding a P2000 to my collection. Are you happy with yours? What trigger would you recommend.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a 9mm P2000 with the LEM trigger. I like it, but I like HK's (I have two USP's and a P7M8 as well). The length of pull on the LEM trigger is the same as a normal DA. However, since the cycling of the slide precocks the hammer spring, the pull is very light until the break point.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Shooting with the left hand? Easy. Was part of the NRA basic pistol class. Good skill to have, I practice it regularly.

As for shooting with 2 guns at the same time, that's stuff for the movies dude. I wouldn't know where it's allowed here anyway but rules in Panama may be different. It shouldn't be hard to do but you can only aim one gun at a time so forget accuracy.

Rent 'Hard Boiled' for some over the top dubble gun action.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Still no luck finding P99 QA 9mm with ambidextrous slide stop. Has anyone cout there come across one beside the member who saw a 40 cal in a gun store in New Mexico?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts