Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm new here, but I've owned my 1st gen P99 Military for a while now. We all know these weapons are amazing, so I thought it might be fun to trade stories of "the perfect shot" that made your friend's jaw drop in disbelief. Mine happened last August at the range. Some guys were trying to sight in an AR-15 when I politely asked "Mind if I try?". They had a 12 ounce Gatorade bottle setting out at the 75 yard line. I evened out the daylight on either side of the front sight, squeezed that sweet little trigger (5000+ rounds of break in...lol), and tried to hide my satisfaction when the twist lid exploded off the bottle. They drooled over the P99 for a while, and being the good Walther ambassador I am, I was glad to show them all the features that convinced me this was the ultimate handgun. Then I shot at fifteen yards the rest of the day because I didn't wanna ruin a good thing......:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Last summer I went to a shooting range with my friend Brian and his dad, who had just turned 53. We each brought one gun, me my P99, Brian his S&W 1911 and his dad his heavily customized Wilson Combat 1911. His dad served in he Army for 20 years and was a HUGE fan of 1911's, so much so that he degraded all other guns, especially "plastic toy guns" as he called them.

Brian is a relatively new shooter and his dad was giving him a few pointers when they noticed one of my targets. I had hit the 10 ring at 21 yards. He tried to dismiss the shot as a "fluke", but then he saw the other targets of mine and finally admitted that the P99 was "OK".

·
Registered
536 Posts
My best single shot that i can remember. Sry, long story:

As I've said before, I had a Glock19 for about 18 months (first handgun). I never was terribly accurate with it - when i missed it was normal and when i did great i wondered why. Anyway, I had wanted a P99 and ended up buying one.

About a week or two later, i decided to sell the Glock and a coworker expressed interest in buying it. I invited him to come along on a range trip, so he could shoot it to his heart's content before deciding. He was/is a very good target shooter compared to me. He brought along some 5" reactive targets and set them out about 15 yrds. He lined up the Glock, squeezed, and had no problem hitting near the center.

I was next to him, shooting my own target at 5yds with the P99. At some point, I got rather annoyed that he was shooting MY glock a thousand times better than i ever did.

Finally, I'd had enough. While he was once again lining up his sights for his umteenth go for the bullseye... I hit my target with a shot, quickly shifted my aim to the left, got a splitsecond sight picture and fired.

Damned if i didn't nearly hit the bull... blew his concentration and he threw over an f-bomb.

At that point, I knew I'd chosen the right gun for me. ;)

thorn

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was finishing up at the local outdoor range and there was a Dad with a couple boys next to me shooting AR-15 type rifles at a manhole cover about 100 yards out. Since I was on my last clip, I thought, ?What the heck?? so I raised my P99 (.40), aimed high and squeezed the trigger. ?BONG!? All three of their yaws dropped and the youngest shouted out, ?Did you see THAT!? I just smiled and packed up my stuff (I still had a few rounds in the magazine, but I figured it would be good to quit on a good note).

·
Registered
68 Posts
My best shot was probably actually with my M1917 .30-06.

I was taking my friends and their dad out shooting for their first time, and we brought along a discount store golf club, set it about 100 yards out, and plinked away at it.

They all shot at it and hit the dirt around it, finally I got my turn with the .30-06 and shot it straight in the shaft, and the head of the club fell right off.

Haven't had many "wow!" moments with the P99 yet, hasn't been out to the woods enough!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts