Votes: 36 53.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 46.3%
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing a poll on the interest for aluminium mag release levers.

Thanks Guys.
REDFISH

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
I'll start it with a "yes". :D

Personally, I always liked the length of the Walther levers, but I always liked the width of the H&K levers like the P30. If there was a wider metal mag release available for the PPQ, I'd buy it.

I assume we could reuse the pins that are already in the pistols?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ill add a yes as well. You can even put me down for one, maybe two. Wide like balance mentioned or standard width would be acceptable.
Im also willing to be a tester.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
ANY parts produced for the PPQ will serve to expand awareness and marketability, all for it :D

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
ANY parts produced for the PPQ will serve to expand awareness and marketability, all for it :D
If I am not wrong Walther is already producing the needed parts used in the PPQ.
So maybe some people who do not think it's not good enough for them. They should find another firearm to own.;)

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
If I am not wrong Walther is already producing the needed parts used in the PPQ.
So maybe some people who do not think it's not good enough for them. They should find another firearm to own.;)
Not following.. I thought the op was referring to an aftermarket aluminium mag release?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not following.. I thought the op was referring to an aftermarket aluminium mag release?

It is about an aftermarket release.. about that other comment.. you know the saying.. its better to be quiet and thought a fool then open your mouth and remove all doubt.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
This is a poll for whether or not you would buy an aluminium mag release.

I would think that a simple "yes, I would buy" or "no, I would not buy" would be sufficient.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Well I like posting what I really think. So?
I have no problem with someone having different opinions than I do. That is one of the things that makes forums interesting.

But I don't believe this...

So maybe some people who do not think it's not good enough for them. They should find another firearm to own.
...is good for a civil discussion.

I'd really like to see this aftermarket part become a reality, so I'm interested to see how this poll turns out.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Just so the uninformed may know: the polymer used is stronger than aluminum.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
I didn't ask for it for it's strength.

If someone wants to replace a part on a pistol, it is not a sign of disrespect to the manufacturer, and it is not a sign that the part is not good. It is a sign that the owner has changed a characteristic of the design to suit their personal preferance.

How many people "against" the idea of an aftermarket part on a PPQ have changed their sights?

How many people "against" the idea of an aftermarket part have complained because of the lack of aftermarket parts for these pistols.

If this was the general attitude of PPQ owners with regards to aftermarket parts, I wouldn't want to make any parts for these pistols either if I was a manufacturer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wouldn't aluminum be worse than polymer for small parts like this ? Wouldn't forged steel or a shorter polymer part make more sense ?

Aluminum is rather soft and I could see it easily bending out of shape.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I didn't ask for it for it's strength.

If someone wants to replace a part on a pistol, it is not a sign of disrespect to the manufacturer, and it is not a sign that the part is not good. It is a sign that the owner has changed a characteristic of the design to suit their personal preferance.

How many people "against" the idea of an aftermarket part on a PPQ have changed their sights?

How many people "against" the idea of an aftermarket part have complained because of the lack of aftermarket parts for these pistols.

If this was the general attitude of PPQ owners with regards to aftermarket parts, I wouldn't want to make any parts for these pistols either if I was a manufacturer.
I guess the same could be said for a certain other poly firearm which has a huge after market selection. I'm sure the manufacturer made the gun the way they saw fit and yet people still customize them.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts