Walther Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having 3 P99’s and said that I’ll never buy a PPQ, I finally gave in and bought a Q4SF. One big driver was that I can change out the grips to wood. But, that’s before I found out how much Walther wood grips would cost. (It’s 345 plus 15 shipping.)

So, I found this Altamont wood grips on Gunbroker. Since no one bid but me, I won two sets of grips. My winning bid was 0.1 for each set. No doubt that I couldn’t be happier.

I can’t be sure if the Rosewood model is real wood or not, but it looks so. The Silverblack model is not wood. It’s probably G10 and has a much more grippy texture than the rosewood.

The fit is excellent with no play anywhere what so ever. The two pieces join together at the back smoothly without any gap or bump.

The only gripe I have is that there is no tapering on the edges, especially the bottom on the back where it digs into my palm and hurts a little. The grips look fat with the squarely edges. But when I compare it to my LOK Thin grips, they are really about the same. I definitely will try to file down and smooth out all the edges.

On a side note, does anyone know why are there two long cuts on the grip frame and what are they for (besides that I always have to pick the stripes from the floor when I change the grips)?

·
Registered
20 Posts
After having 3 P99’s and said that I’ll never buy a PPQ, I finally gave in and bought a Q4SF. One big driver was that I can change out the grips to wood. But, that’s before I found out how much Walther wood grips would cost. (It’s 345 plus 15 shipping.)

So, I found this Altamont wood grips on Gunbroker. Since no one bid but me, I won two sets of grips. My winning bid was 0.1 for each set. No doubt that I couldn’t be happier.

I can’t be sure if the Rosewood model is real wood or not, but it looks so. The Silverblack model is not wood. It’s probably G10 and has a much more grippy texture than the rosewood.

The fit is excellent with no play anywhere what so ever. The two pieces join together at the back smoothly without any gap or bump.

The only gripe I have is that there is no tapering on the edges, especially the bottom on the back where it digs into my palm and hurts a little. The grips look fat with the squarely edges. But when I compare it to my LOK Thin grips, they are really about the same. I definitely will try to file down and smooth out all the edges.

On a side note, does anyone know why are there two long cuts on the grip frame and what are they for (besides that I always have to pick the stripes from the floor when I change the grips)?
Woodgrip looks great!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts